Needs LOTS of Info

minidog

May 18, 2002
Got a stock 2002 KDX-200. Getting ready to buy an aftermarket pipe. 99.9% sure that I will go with a Pro-Circuit. Anyone used one on this bike and how much does it affect low end power-Think it improves mid to upper range really good but at what cost to bottom is the question and if this is true what can I do to remedy this. Plan on running 13/50 sprockets. What type of sprockets and chain anyone(Renthal, Sidewinder-pricey!) Also, springs for my weight at 155 pounds with no gear-Race-Tech recommends 38' for me for front- does this seem right? And rear, looks like 4.8 rear spring for me because I cant seem to get sag right for my light butt. Would like to go racing this spring and want to get bike's handling as good as possible. Really enjoy this bike alot, have rode it stock for a year now and ready to get serious with it. Owned original 1980 kdx-175 (brand spanking new at the time and absolutly loved it too). Ready to do lots of other good things with this bike and any info from anyone will be helpful and thanks for the time. Also everyone have a Merry Christmas!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
1. Never ridden a pro circuit pipe.
2. 12/47 is a lot cheaper, uses the same chain length (108L) and you can change back to the 13T in a couple minutes. No excess wear issues with the 12T. RK usually runs about 20% less than DID. I got 2 years out of my last RK riding most every weekend of the year. Sprockets? Opinions of 'facts' differ, but I prefer steel (self-cleaning rear) over al-u-min-ium.
3. A set of .38s is probably close to correct.
4. 4.8? Maybe. IF you want the bike lower, resolve that issue before you mess with changing the spring. A longer set of pullrods will not only lower the bike, but will change the leverage angle to the shock spring with the effect of making the spring seem 'softer'. So the 5.0 may work fine for you with a longer set of pullrods. You could always wear more gear! ;)
5. Jetting is the #1 method to make your bike run the best it can...in any atmoshperic condition.

If you haven't check it out yet, read thru the excellent info on CDaves' site:

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net

Note the carb tuning article, needle decoder info and such. Your bike will NOT reach its full potential if you don't jet it properly. ...and if it's jetted stock now, you have a LOT to gain!

Check the 'new bike prep' article. Do it now.... do it later. Problem is, if you do it LATER, it will cost you a whole lot more $$!

Cheers!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…