DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
If you want to call what we did racing, yes. It was more like slip'n and slide'n. Wasn't fun. Every C and B rider houred out most by check 5 and most A riders. Only about 20 riders finished out of somewhere around 120. On the bright side it was a beautiful day

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
A riding buddy described it as "a sixty mile slot car race". 12 inches of fresh snow made a cruel joke of the speed averages. Couldn't ride standing. Couldn't keep my feet on the pegs. Drink system froze and I set my personal best for most-crashes-in-a-single-enduro. At least the snow was soft!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
What, no video?

slojo

Jan 15, 2002
I was working check #4 @ 17.2 miles. The AA's were already 12 to 14 minutes behind! The trail leading up to our check was a woods road. It looked 100 4" wide snakes had made their way up the road. I can't even tell you how many guy's were already houred out at our check but it was alot. I guess I made the right choice to work this one.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by slojo
I can't even tell you how many guy's were already houred out at our check but it was alot...

Count me in. I was three minutes past my hour when I hit check 4. Nobody in my class made it much beyond that point.

slojo

Jan 15, 2002
Hey, all some guys need is a "little" encouraging to keep going! One more check and you might of won you class. Daniel, it looks like we ride the same class, B senior. I was the "traffic director" at check 4. I don't remember any Gary or Robbie. It was Joe,Dennis,Joe, and I think Steve but I could be wrong on that one because I don't know him very well.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
I'm wrong, Your right , those guys were at check 5 . I houred out at check 5, scored to check 4. Check 4 were the guys trying to tell us we were doing good when in reality we were sucking wind.

slojo

Jan 15, 2002
Ya that sounds like us. Maybe I shouldn't tell you but if you did quit at our check, we would have given you a beer! We did have one taker.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by slojo
Maybe I shouldn't tell you but if you did quit at our check, we would have given you a beer! We did have one taker.
Oh ya now you make the offer. If I had stopped an had a beer it wouldn't have hurt my score any. Only one B senior rider got points and 8 B riders overall.

Last edited:

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
Bob made it to check 8. I just wonder what's going to happen when all the C riders figure out no one is getting point.

Those are the breaks. The only advantage will go to any C riders who were working the event. Otherwise we all get slammed equally.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom