mihm82

Apr 6, 2009
first off, im new to the 2 stroke world but not the bike world. i bought a 2001 cr 250 in august, had it rebuilt and now im kinda runnin into problems. im at the point of breaking in that i can git on it a little more, but i think my jetting is messed up. whenever the bands kick in, the bike smokes bad and kinda stumbles. it was jetted for a fmf pipe and silencer when the engine was probably worn a little. the jetting was fine before the rebuild, now would it be running to rich or too lean?

thanks

dan

mihm82

Apr 6, 2009
thats about all that makes sense to me.

spark250

Feb 7, 2008
have you been lugging this thing around trying to "break it in"?

Sounds silly but it might be as simple as a spark plug. Sometimes when they are fouled the bike will still run but not right. especially in the higher rpm range. For $2 try putting in a new plug?

spark250

Feb 7, 2008
also, I used to have an 01 jetted to fmf specs for an sst pipe. The main was one size bigger and I think the needle position was moved 1. So, nothing radical there, it should still run fine unless the jetting is way out of whack!

mihm82

Apr 6, 2009
no, i did change the plug, and yeah after babyin it for 1 tank it was SHOT. i did clean my air filter good, and gonna put it back in wednesday and see what happens. also, i talked to a few guys at work and they ran into the same problem when they re-built their 125's

mihm82

Apr 6, 2009
yeah, its a mikuni carb and i dealt wit those before so, i kinda have an understanding on how it works

mihm82

Apr 6, 2009
ok so the main that is in it now is a 400, im gonna git a 390, 380, 370, and a 360 just to be safe. im hopin its a 380, plus jetting this thing is super easy comapred to my rancher.

Top Bottom