soldsoul4foos

May 5, 2005
Hi,

Just put a kenda carlsbad rear tire on my 220. 110/100-18. Hooks up real good. It feels though on certain conditions that the "stock" front tire seems like it wants to something different than the rear. This is probably an obvious question, but would that disappear if I put a carlsbad front tire on to match? I didn't notice anything like this when I had the worn stock rear tire on it.

It's not like throwing me off the bike, but it is ever so slightly noticeable it seems like. Thanks.

Regards,
Bill w. :ride:

2wheeler

Dec 9, 2004
I have a 200. IMO the stock tire is only good for pavement. For the last couple of years I have been experimenting with tires. Of coarse I have bought more back than front tires. But I buy something different everytime. I have a Kenda Southwick on back. Which I really like. But I think I have struck Gold on front with a IRC motocross Z Mark 2(roman numerals) / WET-special. This is one wicked looking tire and is awsome in all terrians. And best yet it is CHEAP!!!!!!!! $40 to $50.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
2wheeler said:
IMO the stock tire is only good for pavement.

My sentiments exactly. :nod:

2wheeler

Dec 9, 2004
Sorry I told you wrong, the last back tire was a Kenda. Was good and cheap, but didn't last long(but me wanting to stay in the pipe all the time might have something to do with it). Now have a Maxxis IT on, only have a couple of rides on it , is great so for but the rides have been dry. We generally get quiet a bit of rain so muddy alot. Gonna try Maxxis ST next time.

Top Bottom