gsuhm

Jun 11, 2002
Does anyone have any advice on where to get replacement fork boots (or alternative protection) for my '90 KDX besides the dealer? I've looked at Rocky Mountain -- they don't seem to sell them. Dennis Kirk has boots but the dimensions are confusing so I'm not sure which would fit.

Also, I found this place called Seal Savers

Has anyone heard of them? I'm trying to replace the stock blue with something black, and wouldn't mind ditching the retro "boot" look!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
I have the seal savers. I will let you know how they do later after riding today.

Daystar boots is what you want. You have a 43mm fork, so get the fullsize boots. You should have about 11-12 of travel in those forks. I had a set of the daystars on my XR600 and they were a lot thicker and better material than the stock fork boots.

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
I've been using the "Seal Savers" for several months now and I'm very satisfied with them. They look great, are cheap and keep the seals clean, although I do clean them out after each ride with the air hose. Since I ride in the desert, the will build up a little sand just inside the top portion of the cover, so I fold them over and blow them out. I don't know how they would work in an area where they would get wet, or how they would hold out mud.

I've also heard that forks without the large rubber boots will let a little more air to the radiator, but don't know if it's true or not. So far though, I like them.

Canon

Nov 17, 2001
Dennis Kirk part number 58-634 if i remember correctly. As you would expect, they are the most expensive of the group. I put the blue ones on my 89 KDX this winter...and they fit great. You can see them in my pic gallery at the bottom of my post. Check your catalog.....the boots I listed above should be the black ones. 69 series.

Top Bottom