tules

Apr 5, 2008
I'm 17 years old and I'm from Illinois. I currently ride a Honda CBR600RR. I have ridden a few friends dirt bikes mainly on the street, and I'm wanting to get my own dirt bike. I want one that's street legal. Havn't ridden very much on actual dirt, but I plan to squeeze a little in with an enduro bike or w/e I get!

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
My son set up a Honda XR650R for street and dirt actually its a blast and even geared as it is, its got plenty of guts offroad. But its a BIG bike, he's 6'5" so no biggie

tules

Apr 5, 2008
I'm 6'1/2" I wonder If I'm too small? It's a little pricey for me anyway. I need something smaller and cheaper

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
if i were you if you wanted to ride off road i would go with a mx bike or even a trails bike. where in IL do you live? im about 1/2 an hour away from rockford. o sorry didnt see u wanted one that is street legal. A klx or something similar would be perfect then. they are off road bikes but can be made street legal.

tules

Apr 5, 2008
im about 1 1/2 hrs west of springfield but ye street legal. How hard would it be to make a klx 140 or ttr 125 street legal? I dnt think i need blinkers. Just headlight brake light and dot tires and horn

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
Yes you'll need turn signals, mirror, speedo. 6'2" on a ttr 125?????????Gorilla on a tricycle :coocoo:

tules

Apr 5, 2008
thorman75 said:
Yes you'll need turn signals, mirror, speedo. 6'2" on a ttr 125?????????Gorilla on a tricycle :coocoo:

lol, yeah i know it would be small. and no in IL we dnt need speedo or turn signals. Had a friend do it to a ttr 225 had a cop come over to inspect and everything. all he had was headlight, brake light, one mirror and horn

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
I'm from Illinois, so is my son, when you take a bike that has a C/O stating "off highway use only" it has to be inspected, my son got a M/C Illinois State Trooper, he got gigged and was told "take it home and do this and this and this and then bring it back. If Barney checks your bike you might get away with it. But Seriously I think your better off with a full size bike, I raced the Roselawn enduro on a KDX220 maybe you should look at one of those before a TTR. They sell street legal kits ask AJ he sells the Dakar kit.

tules

Apr 5, 2008
I think I'm buying a 1994 KE100 Enduro. Has off road title, but has lights and everything. Getting it for $100. If that doesnt work out it was only 100 and i get get another.

Top Bottom