Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
Hi all. Well, not only am I a new girl on this site, I'm really a new rider. I only got my bike in November of last year, got to ride about 6 weekends and have only ridden once this season. Needless to say I'm not very good. My fiance and riding partner ditched me recently, but I'd like to continue to ride. Only problem - I have no friends (that ride, that is). I'm honestly not sure if I'm even using this site correctly (I live in San Diego county)... I'm sure I'm messing it up (I'm not very good at computers either). So, a little about me - I've ridden at Ocotillo the most, and once at Glamis. I just started making it up and down the hills at Shell Reef. I need people who are patient and won't ditch me if I get a little tired. I love riding, and I hope this site helps me meet some people who will help me continue that passion. I tried!
p.s. I posted this on another thread (the general one)- I think it will take me a while to figure out how to do this!

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
You've hit the right thread. Welcome.

You'll see a mix of rides listed from the SD OC LA and Riverside area. basically it's just people hooking up and going riding, nothing formal.

Get out and practice a bit, that's the only way to get better. You'll see some bigger rides listed over Valentines day 4 th of July and Thanksgiving. Those are great for all abilities.

Whoever posts a ride your interested in, simply post back and inquire about it. If it sounds like something you up to, feel free to join in.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
My fiance and riding partner ditched me recently but I'd like to continue to ride. Only problem - I have no friends (that ride, that is).
Bastages! No worries you came to the right place. We have group rides pretty often and everyone is always welcome no matter what their skill level is. Many of us have kids, wives and or girlfriends that ride so we are familiar with being patient. But remember, since we are patient we also reserve the right to poke fun at ya once in a while. :nener:

With that said we expect to see out on one of the rides soon.

BTW - check out this forum: Womens Forum

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Tinkrides:

:cool: Welcome to a great site! I heard or read somewhere that if you do something for one hour a day that you will become an expert at it. Don't look at how far you have to go before you become a better rider, look at how far you have already come & ride as much as possible.

Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
Thank you

Thanks! I do want to get out and practice more often, but I'm afraid to go by myself. I don't want to break a leg and get stranded, you know! :) I'm already glad I joined this site - I'm looking forward to making friends and getting better!
I would LOVE to go Ocotillo for Halloween. I actually have the weekend off because that was my plan (oh, how things change) - so please give me details. Is there a way to chat back and forth or do stuff privately in case you don't want to invite the whole world? I said members could email me, but I don't know how to email people... I'll learn!
I certainly don't mind being made fun of - I'm used to it, and often laugh at myself more than anything (especially when I'm rolling down the hills of Shell Reef... embarrassing!).
I'd better do some work or something. Maybe I'll try to figure out how to work this site.
Thanks for hitting me back so quickly!

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
My girlfriend has a new Honda CRF230 that she has ridden exactly once. I would love you two to hook and and encourage each other.

fng2moto

Oct 8, 2004
Yep, Ocotillo Wells is the place! I'm new here too, but know ol' KX Steve H. The socal wrecking crew and socal-dirtriders are getting a big group together down there. It'll be a great time.

crazyYZ

Oct 3, 2004
Just keep on riding! Ocotillo is going to be crazy this Halloween, hopefully i can get there with my friends and maybe meet up with the crew.

PS - as long as your are runnin WOT u wont have any problems :p :aj: :ride:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
You can join any of our rides, we are pretty patient with beginners. Myself and Steve have hooked up quite a few times. I have a 14yr old son who also rides a 125 and he seems to keep up fairly well. There are a few of us from around San Diego. Like I said we hook up for weekend camping trips and day rides to places like corral canyon, mccains valley, the deserts, and the local tracks. just keep an eye on this forum. I plan to head to superstition or occotillo wells for T-Day weekend. I don't know how much riding I'll be able to get in before that. :think:

As for getting ahold of people individually the personal message function on this site is great but you have to be a subscriber to utilize it. :cool:

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
It's nice to know there is another female rider in the area. I'm in O'side and usually available to ride on Sundays and several days during the week. Elsinore is a good place to go if you are riding by yourself. They have a good range of tracks to improve your skill level. People are pretty friendly there.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
sgr- I haven't seen you in a while. Good to hear from you. You going to come out to Amago (Planet X) with us on Sun (10/24)?

Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
Hi Sgr,
It would be great for you to come out on Sunday - I'd like to meet you and leech some knowledge! I'm available on Sundays, also and would be willing to try Lake Elsinore sometime (I guess we'll have to see how Amago goes...!). The only other day I sometimes have off is Fridays.
Tree - I'm sure you've mentioned this, but what kind of truck do you have - so I know what to look for on Sunday. I'm pretty easy to spot - bright red hair and a generally confused look! :)

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Tink-I have a red jeep and will be pulling a trailer unless I end up carpooling with my neighbor who has a dark blue F150. Eitherway we'll be towing the trailer. My bike is a 525 KTM and my sons is a blue and yellow Husky. Oh yea I'll be the big guy 6'4" 245lbs. I don't think it will be too hard to find us, Amago is not that big. :cool:

Top Bottom