JG614

Nov 18, 2004
Hello to all,
my name is jeff I live in ohio, rode/raced dirt for many years got out about three years ago, now the kids are gettin' old enough to ride so i'm back. bad timing here in ohio to get back in cause the snow is on the way so i'll have to bundle up and go out in the garage and sit on my bike and make vroom-vroom noises till spring.thanks for have'n me lokkiing forward to getting to know y'all.

Jeffro :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site Jeffro :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

We have a great group of guys from all over the central NE.

BTW - Great call on the pilot jet issue! Great way to get and know folks is to jump in feet first. Thanks for the input.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

JG614

Nov 18, 2004
Tony,
thanks for the warm welcome.I have since updated my user cp,I live in the booming metropolis of New Philadelphia, ohio,Iused to race mx,harescrambles,enduros and rode some dual sport events in the past,as of lately I've been doing the street riding thing and decided to go back to something safer(off-road is where my heart is anyway).been riding about 30 years my first bike was a 1971 penton 125, man that was a love hate relationship.moved to florida in about 1980 raced alot there during the 80's,rode Cagivas/husqvarnas,moved back to ohio in 1986 raced alot around here till about 1996 then did the family thing so here i am again.as i said before my kids(stepson just turned 13 and i have found him a '86 yz125 to ride with me)are getting old enough to ride(have 3 boys) so in the next few years i'll have my own in house riding partners!! alright y'all can wake up now i'm done.I'm looking forward to getting in on the bench-racing going on around here.Thanks again for providing such a great site.

Jeffro

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Hey Jeffro, welcome to the site. I'm from Parma, OH. I wish I had all the places to ride that you do down there! You've got it made for dirt biking! I think Huskies are really sweet, I was thinking of getting one and was bummed to learn that they are not importing anymore 2 strokes. I was curious as to where you got yours?

Len

JG614

Nov 18, 2004
Len,

hey man,Parmas not that far away and as Bob Barker ('Price is right')would say "COME ON DOWN!!!" a couple of friends of mine run Crows Canyon riding park pretty nice place, they had a GNCC there a couple of years ago,also Broken Spokes here in N.Phila is fun as well.maybe in the spring we can hook up.My bike came from another friend of mine who has a shop in Dover, Race ready cycles, they sell ATK, Gas Gas and now Husqvarna,Don Grove is the owner he's a great guy. man i can't wait till spring and winter isn't even here yet :( oh well later dude.

Jeffro

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Yeah, I'm pretty depressed too about winter. I have heard that Broken Spokes is a really nice track, I just met a guy who lives right by me who likes to go to tracks allot so definitely next year we could hook up. I rode at Outlaw Extreme once this year, that's a pretty nice place. Did you hear they are going to open an indoor motocross arena in Sheffield Ohio, (that's West of Cleveland)? It might open this winter, I hope it works out. It would be nice to be able to go there year round! Thanks for the info on your friends shop too, maybe some time I'll check it out.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Whoo Hooo!

You started on a Penton 125 also. I still have my 1971 ISDT 5 Speed Radial Head Sachs powered Penton.

Great bike!

Welcome, welcome, I see that a bunch of Ohio members have popped in. Great bunch of guys in the area, you'll enjoy getting to know them.

JG614

Nov 18, 2004
Tony,
yeah it was a cruel joke by my parents they bought me this basket case penton and a tool box with tools for christmas of '77 (i had been buggin' them for a bike for a year,little did they know i had been riding my best freinds xr75 all the previous summer) man i spent the summer of '78 wrenchin' kickin',pushin' that bike and never realy did get it running.My dad was a truck driver and I was washing trucks for the company he worked for to get some extra money.That summer my mom feeling sorry for me pitched in the extra money and I then got a '76 RM125 and it ran!! The cruel joke has actually turned into a 20 year career in the motorcycle industry, through working for motorcycle dealerships. So i guess i owned the penton but didn't realy get to to ride it.I wish i still had it though. Later

Jeffro :ride:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom