wasted

Mar 14, 2004
well... I've been lurking around here for a few weeks now checking out your guys site and it looks to be a pretty awesome site, one of the best dirtbike one I've come across so far... :thumb:

so...
after an almost 10 year break it looks like I'm back in the dirt...
my son has been bugging me the last couple years for a dirt bike, so I finally went out and bought him a new yamaha pw 80 a few months ago, my brother bought his son a pw 50 too, so they have been racing around together...

my other brother has a quadracer and has been bugging me to get another dirtbike so we can go blast around and take the kids trail riding this summer... I grew up riding/racing dirtbikes(started riding in the early 70's) but got out of it in the mid 90's because of family, work, and the danger factor involved(if I broke my leg or something drastic like that I'd be screwed as far as working...) and the fact that, like my street bikes, I have no sense at all on one and just cant seem to ride one without taking it to some kind of an extreme...
but then I get out of dirt bikes because of the high probability of getting hurt and go and buy one of the fastest, most powerful production street bikes made... which makes alot of sense...
but anyway, I ran across a deal on a 1997 RM 250 last week that I couldnt pass up... so I guess I'm back in the dirt now, and after riding that RM a few times its actually hard to believe I ever got out of it to begin with, I'm pretty hyped to get out and get back into it... :thumb:

I have a few pictures too but didnt post them because I'm not too sure about your sites picture posting rules...

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :)

What part of Wisconsin are you in? We have a pretty fair size group of folks there. Watch for kmccune and Zoomer on the site. I'm guessing by the size of your son's bike their children might be close in age to yours.

Now get your brother on a bike because summer is coming. :yeehaw:

Check out the Places To Ride / Organized Rides forum and the Michigan Trail Riders for some opportunities to hook up with some DRNers.

Regarding the issue of posting photos, if memory serves me correctly you have to be at least a Subscriber to post photos. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) thread for the answer to your questions and the What are Subscribers and SupportTeam Members? thread for information regarding what the benefits are for the various levels of membership.

again, welcome aboard and shout if you have any questions.

wasted

Mar 14, 2004
I live in jackson county, we have alot of trails here but since the snowmobile clubs basically over took them in the late 80's they suck now for bikes...
in the early 80's they used to be awesome... mud, ruts, sand, water, stutter bumps, nice high bermed corners, all the good stuff... but they constantly groom them now to keep them in condition for the winter snowmobilers and have them to the point now where its hard to find a strech of trail that isnt completely flat and ankle deep sand... plus the dust when its dry is almost unbearable now...
the trails in northern jackson county and clark county are supposed to be pretty decent yet, but I havent personally rode them for years...

yeah, my brother is looking for one... we have some pretty good leads on a couple so its probably just a matter of time... the trails dont open up here until may 15(I think) anyway, so he's got a few weeks left...

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Welcome back wasted! I was out of dirt bikes for probably more than 10 years, I really regret that now, but I'm trying to make up for lost time.
Have fun!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom