New job

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Well, it looks like I’ll be joining the world of the working again next week. I just recieved an offer for a job I interviewed for. That was the most strenuous interview process I've ever been through!

Although I really enjoyed my 4 months off, it will be good to be busy and active again. I was getting waaaay too lazy and I think my brain began the shut down process! :confused:
It’s going to be really crazy busy for a while and I’ve never had a staff this big before. I think it will be a really cool company to work for but I have my suspicions that I’ll be entering into a somewhat volatile situation.
I didn’t mention wanting the first week in Oct. off during the whole interviewing process because I couldn’t risk not getting the job so I’m going to get a feel for the situation first then suck it up and ask. :ugg:
On the plus side since the company is Panera Bread Co. I’ll be able to stuff my face with all the pastries goodies and coffee I can handle! Hmmm, I hope they have an espresso machine. ;)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
let me be FIRST to congratulate....... YUMMY benefits you're getting!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Ya, I kind of have a love/hate relationship with the couch now. ;)

Unfortunately I'm still stuck in Accounting. Kind of hard to get off this merry-go-round. But I'm easily bought with pastries. :confused:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Just hope your not on the protien diet :p

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Way to go Speedy - the dogs will be sad to see their couch companion go but I'm sure Eddie will get more housework done now he doesn't have to lift your feet while vacuuming.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Good luck, Speedy!

B

biglou

Note to speedy: "Bring pastries to team scramble on Sept. 8th!" :D
Congrats. :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I don't know whether to congratulate you or console you. Did you really want a job?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Funny you should mention that bsmith. TTRGuy have been discussing the Atkins diet recently (low carb?). There's NO WAY I could adhere to that diet.

Kiwi, vacuum?? What is this device of which you speak?? :confused: Maybe if I could somehow trick him into thinking the house is the garage it would be spotless!! :)

JP, it wasn't really a question of "want" more of "need". I was pretty damn near being stuffed in a suitcase and shipped back to my momma in CA! :eek:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Good luck speedy and I hope you love it.

milk

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Congrats Speedy !!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Great! So you'll be makin' all the samiches' at DW right? :)

Congrats ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
Congrats on the job, now butter 'em up for that week in October :)
Yeah tell them you know which side your bread is buttered on but..... :)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Aimee... why on earth would you go on a diet?
Not so much a "diet" really, just need to work on a healthier regime. I'd like to work on getting from the couch to the fridge without having to stop and take a break. :confused: These days, if I can't unwrap it and nuke it I don't eat it. :(
Before when I ate like cracked out monkey I didn't feel as bad about it since I was outdoors a lot being active. It's kind of easy to do when it's 75 degrees all year round! :moon:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Ya know that the worst thing about looking for a job is that eventually someone is going to give you one.

Congrats. Now make sure that you get the time off for Dirtweek or I'm not bringing the Tri-tip.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Good Luck Aimee!! :)

I just have a feeling everything will work out regarding vacation for Dirtweek'02. You'll have the next two months to show 'em what you're made of, shore up your department, and get everthing dialed in. Then just let them know you'll be off the first week of October and that you have complete confidence in your staff's ability to hold down the fort. :aj:

I hope you enjoy your new job! A bread company, huh? You can impress the Quality Manager by asking him/her what their HACCP Critical Control Points are. :cool: That place must smell awesome!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
That place must smell awesome!
Uhhh, their 400+ cafes do but not the corporate office. ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence though. Hope you're right. :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…