MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Yeah I suppose...sure doesn't feel that way though. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Tomorrow is my long day, 11 hours. I'm used to 8...hopefully I can make it!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Update

My first week went great! It is so nice to be appreciated and to be thanked for doing things!! My store manager had me open by myself on Friday. Well not alone, the manager arrives 30min before the store actually opens and does things like count the safe, the registers, paperwork, morning e-mails to the DM etc. Then when the store opens the 2nd person arrives. I just hope I don't set off the alarm! :yikes:

My store manager is finding out he doesn't need to teach me anything about merchandising, inventory control or how to do re sets. It's the back office stuff I don't know. I'm learning though.

I hope things continue to go well!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Cool Tracie - glad you like the new gig! :cool:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Great to hear that things are going very well for you!!!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I have been doing great until closing procedures last night..apparently it comes down to the fact that I can't count money, lol. OH and that I forgot a few steps in the closing process...nothing huge. Just pushed the wrong function button :bang: Guess I'm not used to it! Opening well let's just say everything went fine until the safe acted up and refused to open....

Last night and this morning were the first time I closed and opened alone.... :yikes: Now that I screwed up, I'll remember and everything should go fine tomorrow night.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Pretty much, still get confused on some of the paperwork I have to do. It's hard when I open, close, open, close, etc...and don't have like one week of opening and one week of closing..it would be a little easier to learn...oh well

Still like it though. I was in my old store today and the store manager saw me, looked right at me and walked the other way. Jerk....oh well his loss.

tonibaloney

I'm here
Sep 19, 2006
that's so lame! why can't people just be happy for you when you move on and better yourself? :yell:

maybe he's just pissed that he's still stuck there!! :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Damn the old bitter bosses! Glad to hear everything is going well otherwise!

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
Okay- It's nearly three months later, and I bet this looks like an old memory! Fun read though. I've thought it would be great fun to work around parts- just to learn "stuff".

I bet you are learning tons and are not even aware how much knowledge you are accumulating. Osmosis.

Thanks for a fun read. Hope all is going well. Change is a blast. Just Say No to Ruts!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
oldguy said:
BTW I hope you got your mom jeans all cleaned and pressed for the first day

How did I miss that?? :cool: :cool: Good one OldGuy!!

:laugh:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
New job is still going great. Started out a little rocky. Turns out my store manager was training me out of the WRONG manual!!! Oh well, I made it through. We got rid of one of the troublemakers, one more to go and the store shouldn't have anymore backstabbing issues.

Dave--I can't wear "mom jeans" I have to wear black pants no jeans allowed! :nener:

Top Bottom