New KDX220

Yamadad

Jul 17, 2005
I just acquired a new to me, but used KDX220. It is totally bone stock and I have a jetting question. As a matter of fact, it is so bone stock that the airbox cover is still there :yikes: . Obviously this needs to go.

I plan on putting a pipe, reeds and alike on it, but I spent all my fun money in the purchase, so that is backburnered for now. I want to remove the air box lid, so what's the recommended jetting for this small mod? (I ride mostly near sea level to 2500')

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
The jetting process is the same whether your bike is stock or modified.

Yamadad

Jul 17, 2005
G. Gearloose said:
The jetting process is the same whether your bike is stock or modified.

Wow, THAT was helpful. I would never have thought of that.
:bang: :think:

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
I found that on my stock 220, the jetting was pretty close. With the removal of the air lid, you have a bit more air being utilized. You are going to have to play with the settings. Go to www.dirtrider.net/justkdx
and look at the tech tips, then Carb Tuning section.
I put a 35mm on my 220 and have it setup w/a 40 Pilot, 1173(2nd from top) & 152 Main, along w/FMF Rev & TBC2.
If I did not install the Boyseen Reeds my jetting would have to be a bit richer (Probably), but this is the point I'm at with my playing around. Do not forget about the air screw, as you can fine tune the pilot.
PITA Huh ;)

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
I'm not to much help with the 220's but read the stickys that the top of the forum and the jetting pages at Canadian Daves site and you should be able to get dialed in.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
Remember, the jetting of a 35mm carb will have larger jets than a stock 33mm carb on the 220 (when both are properly jetted). You'll be way rich if you set up your stock carb to Green Hornets jetting specs.

Yamadad

Jul 17, 2005
Yeah, actually one of the things I want to do (in the future) is either find a 35mm or bore the existing carb to 35mm.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Rhodester said:
Remember, the jetting of a 35mm carb will have larger jets than a stock 33mm carb on the 220 (when both are properly jetted). You'll be way rich if you set up your stock carb to Green Hornets jetting specs.
Correct if you jet that to a 33mm, I was just giving an example of playing w/the jetting

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…