Revver

Feb 1, 2005
Hello All,

I'm new to this site as a member but have been shadowing for a little while. I'm in Richmond. Va. and just recently bought a 2001 CR250. My motorcycling experience began with a 1994 RM80 that I rode on trails near my home. I eventually switched to the street and started riding a friends YZF600R. I ended up getting a CBR929RR and loved it until I lowsided in some sand on an exit ramp( not terribly smart to be pushing it on the street). The accident left me with multiple broken bones and a skin graft. Seeing that the asphalt and my lack of self control did not mix well, I decided that the street was not the proper place for a throttle twisting 22 year old thrill seeker. So here I am back in the dirt. I really didn't know what I was missing. I found a private motocross track to ride on and have loved every minute of my time back in the dirt. I find that the dirt allows me to be more of a hooligan(which I definately am) without the repercussions faced in the street. Who cares if you drop the bike? Pick it back up and kick it over. Like I said I love it, and find that I really have no desire to ride on the street anymore. This site seems like an awesome place for me to gain some knowledge about my bike and the maintenance it requires as well as riding techniques. I look forward to being a member here.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

We have some folks scattered north and south of you along the eastern seaboard. Check out the Southern Spodes forum for opportunities to hook up.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Hey Revver!

Great introduction! Let us know when you get tired of cold weather and want to head south to the Charlotte or Augusta area for a weekend of riding.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
or if you decide to hit some tracks north of you, holler. NoVa doesnt have anything to offer. We usually hit a couple in WV off I 81 or the Landing in Easton Md.

THE TORI

May 5, 2007
whats up buddy i feel your pain i have a yamaha r1 and can not control myself on the road.so its been sitting for a while thinking about selling it,anyway i got mtself a 03 cr250 and have reliving my childhood. but not too many trails around here to ride but i do know of a few so if you ever want to ride i got like 3 friends and we get together every weekend so send me an email

Top Bottom