New Member-KDX250 owner

exbee

Dec 27, 2009
Hi guys,

Just bought a '93 KDX 250 along with a '91 KDX 250 rolling chasis for parts. The parts bike has Race Tech stickers on the forks so I'm hoping the previous owner had installed stiffer springs. I removed one tonight for a look but I can't see any markings on it. I haven't had a chance to remove a stock spring from the other fork to compare them. Is there any way to recognize a Race Tech spring by looking at it or will I need to have a suspension shop test the weight?

Also, I've read a few posts about trimming the carb slide but haven't seen any pictures. Has anyone done a simple "how to" for this mod with pictures? If not can someone describe in detail how it's done.

Thanks

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
welcome
my race tech springs came with small number markings within the first 3 inches that said 38 it was like a print or etch so look em over really well.

no help on carving a carb most people just buy a different slide, but thats after they have tried jets and needle clip position tuning

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…