New Mexico Ridng ?

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Can anyone help with the best places to trail ride in NM ? I heard Cloudcroft is a good area to go ?

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
What is the terrain? we like to find the nastiest steepest singletrack you can find...

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
ClickHERE for a link ot the Carson National Forest. There are some pictures and info there. Unfortunately the motorcycle portion of their website is under construction.

timvv51

Nov 24, 2002
Trailrider42 is the man on New Mexico. He can tell you all about places like Cedro just outside of Albuquerque or the Jemez by Los Alamos then there is some tamer riding around Red River. And yes Cloud Croft is great. TSCEC has an enduro there in Sept. you might want to check out.

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
I can attest to that. I live in MD/DC now, but I went to UNM for undergrad. I had an MX bike near the end of my days there, but my main passion at that time was mountain biking. I biked ALL over that state and Taos has some SICK trails. We camped there and biked for 2 days... saw quite a few MX riders, from 7 to 70. Great trails. If you live in ALB, there are the mountains/foothils to rage in, just did a downhill freeride MTN bike trip there in Sept, and some pretty nice sand dunes out to the west. Nice riding. Also, right near the base, there was a makeshift MX track and riding area. It HAS to still be there. Man living in NM, how can you NOT see riding places. It's the desert!!! They are everywhere... try living in the DC metro area. It's a BIT more complicated. Have fun!! GO LOBOS! :)

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
One more thing. Cedro Peak is a GREAT trail, although rocky and technical... hope you are GOOD with the throtle control. Jemez is more woodsy. ENJOY!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…