New Moose XCR vs Answer Summit Jackets

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
MX South has the new full zipper Moose jackets for $170 but is blowing out last years Answer Summit jackets for $90. I know people rave about the older over the head Moose coat but am curious about the new one as well as if the Answer coat is any good. $80 seems like a considerable savings if they are close to equal. Any thoughts?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am not sure if I have the summit jacket (it was a gift), but I like my Answer jacket. It has zippered sleeve and lots of pockets. My last ride I took off the sleeves and rode all day. My riding buddies were either too hot with a full jacket or too cold with no jacket.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
The Summit is advertised as "water-resistant," not "waterproof," as is the XCR. How water-resistant is it? I haven't been very happy with most stuff advertised that way.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
On the ride I mentioned above, it rained very hard at the end. We avoided the trail and rode two tracks back to the camp. My jersey under the jacket was dry. As I mentioned I did ride with the sleeves off the jacket. I was not completely dry, but I was happy with the water resistance of the jacket.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…