Paesen

Jan 10, 2006
I rode a cr85 all season in 05. Just bought a 06 CRF250 and im having a hard time adjusting to the thumper. Cant seem to carry speed into and out of corners. I feel like im falling over or I go in to hot and stall because I brake late and hard. Very frustrated!! :bang I went to budds creek for a harescramble and lets just say it didn't go well. I dont have alot of seat time in on the bike yet, probably about 3hours tops. I just need some transition tips. Things thumpers do that 2-strokes don't or vice versa.

Thanks
Paesen #61 open b
05' 2nd place District 6 champion 200cc C

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
I just recently went from a CR125 to a CRF250 and had somewhat of a difficult time adjusting. First you need more time on it. It's taken me 30+ hours to get even close to the comfort level I had before and I switched from a bike that was the size (unlike you going from a CR85). The other thing I noticed compared to the 2-stroke was that the phrase "roll the throttle on" was much more necessary, especially coming out of tight corners. I found I don't need to and often couldn't just jam throttle open the way I was on the 125 out of turns.
Also, if you're braking to the point of stalling, you're braking too hard. And if it feels like it's going to fall then the speed you're carrying isn't proportionate to the amount of lean you have. My novice suggestion is to back it down some and work back up. You'll love the thumper in no time.

Good luck!

Paesen

Jan 10, 2006
Thanks for the advise. I Know im trying to hard to fast but you know how it is. I just feel funny going from riding fast to not being able to maintain the same pace on a bigger faster bike. I know ill get it back eventually. Thanks again. NE more tips will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom