medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
This is the bike I want. I just have to choose between used or new. My choice is a used crf150r that's so pretty with lots of goodies and graphics and has never been on a track or raced (so he says). Or I have the option of a new '07 for ~ $1000 more. What would you choose and why. And do race bikes really depreciate that much? I plan on keeping this bike forever,honestly.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Regardless of the model year, as soon as you get dirt on it, it's a USED bike. So used bike prices will apply.

But, if you intend to keep it like you say, what difference does the value make?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I guess it would depend on HOW well the used one was taken care of. Oil changes and that type of thing.

OH and IF You get one of those...can I try it out at Martin? I'll let you ride my YZ125!!!

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
medwaste said:
What would you choose and why.

Honestly it really depends on how well kept the bike was. What year is it? How much money does the owner have in it? And was it properly maintained?

I would most likely go for the new bike in that situation. If you plan on racing, go for the newer one.

medwaste said:
And do race bikes really depreciate that much?

Yep.. like Indy said, one you take it for it's first ride, it almost cuts the value in half.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom