new pipe and silencer installation?

Rookie03

Aug 6, 2004
Hey i just got a KDX200 for my first bike a couple months ago. Im a little bored with the power already and i hear a pipe is the best mod you can do for your money. It this something i could put on myself having limited experiance working on bikes? Thinking of getting a silencer too though i hear u dont get quite as much power from that. Thanx! :eek:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
If you can turn a ratchet then the toughest part of the task will be taking the pipe springs off, it's a simple as that. Unbolt and remove silencer, unbolt pipe and remove pipe springs, pull pipe off. Reverse process with new pipe and silencer. I usually put just a touch of oil around the o-ring on the pipe.

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
You can do it. FMF pipes are hard to fit sometimes. You may have to push, pull and cuss a little but it'll go. Most people go ahead and add the silencer but I read a DirtRider article that said it wasn't necessary. Looks cool though. I got my combo including installation and jetting for $300.00.

jirvine

Oct 21, 2001
I use a vice grip to pull the springs. That and couple wrenches is the easy part as you will most likely need to do some jetting. Get a little 6mm socket for the main jet. Not hard but getting the jetting right seems to take some voodoo.

Top Bottom