kx200

Feb 1, 2001
For some reason of all the KX250 motors the 99 is the best for the woods. I had one for a year and thought it pulled from the bottom to the top with out the 2stroke type hit. First gear was tall but the motor could pull it. Have fun?

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
Both are great bikes. I rode KX250s for several years. I sold mine and bought an 03 KDX 200 as our motocross track closed and I'm getting pretty close (OK, real close) to qualifying for AARP membership. My only two problems with 250 MX bikes were lack of distance on a tank of gas and low top end speed. The KDX solved both of those problems, but it doesn't come out of turns like the KX. Hey, as I see it owning either one is awesome; owning both of them is &*()(&^%%& (words can't describe it) Congratulations!

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by Al Bouman
Have fun on that new KX. Very nice ride.

Thanks! I got a kx500 seat cover and am going to put it on the KDX this weekend, probably. I'll let you know how it fits :)

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
There sits that pretty, clean KX and you left your KDX rode hard and put up wet. Shame! That KDX has feelings you know. That old gal is going to take it personally so don't be suprized if she up and spits you into a tree sometime. Maybe that new seat cover will sooth her, but for God's sake don't let her catch you in mid stroke, lighting the fire on that pretty KX.

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by Al Bouman
Yes, I'll be wanting to change the seat cover on mine too. Let me know how it goes.

Well, it kinda fits... it's an FMF seat cover (found on ebay for $20)
The only problem is there are these slits cut (triangle looking slits) on either side of the seat cover, where the kx500 seat height changes... with the cover on as tight as I could get it, the slits slightly expose the seat foam... maybe 1/4" or so. Maybe some of the seat covers don't have these slits... then it would fit perfect! Or, I'm thinking this is what I'll do, you could sew some sort of a patch on the seat cover where the slits are, then put it on.

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by skipro3
There sits that pretty, clean KX and you left your KDX rode hard and put up wet. Shame! That KDX has feelings you know. That old gal is going to take it personally so don't be suprized if she up and spits you into a tree sometime. Maybe that new seat cover will sooth her, but for God's sake don't let her catch you in mid stroke, lighting the fire on that pretty KX.

The KDX is still my lady....

The KX is my whore :)

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Well, then I guess we all know which one will be rode hard and put up wet from now on then!

"Bar keep! Fresh horses and wiskey for the men."

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom