New Track in Pittston, Pa.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Chief,
From the article it sounds like a 1/2 mile oval for flat track. Do you have anymore details?

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
I just talked to the MAN. He wants a practice moto track for now. It is scheduled to open in Spring 02, Mid March, both ATV's and Bikes. Track layout will be between 1/2 - 3/4 mile. He will need some good dirt as the area is mostly shale and old coal mining slag.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
No more details except for what Mike has. I will definetely keep an eye out for more. My first impression was that this track would open small and grow, maybe to avoid public opposition.

Joe Chief

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Hey Chief

Hope to see you there. I don't think zoning is a problem. I only live 2 miles away and have riden that area for years. It will be nice to organize something there. Alot of problems in this area with land,the law,inconsiderate jerks etc.

I hope they can get permission some day from the 2 or 3 adajcent land owners to maybe run a harescramble and possible enduro. I have plugged this issue with the land owner:)

One thing to add is accomodations are with in a half mile from the location....ride the bike :eek: to 3 hotels, gas,convienents,arby's,McD etc

Hopefully it won't get shot down...I am excited

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Yea, I'm pretty excited myself. I've been to the UPS once or twice, but wasn't sure how close it was to the highway, the accomedations will be a nice extra.

Hopefully someday soon we could work on a club that will carry some clout , maybe even lease or buy a parcel. The numbers are here. Keep up the good PR ;)

Joe Chief

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Well Zoning is approved and land clearing has started. Track may see limited use by July 4th. Alot of work needed ...parking,retention pond,etc. 2 tracks are planned 1 for ATV (wider and less jumps) 1 for bikes More SX style.

I drive by it a few times a week so I will report back any more progress.

MikeS

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the update. Make sure you keep us posted so I can take a hike down there and catch up w/ you soon,

Chief

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Let me know when you guys will be there. I'd loke to check it out too if I can fit it into my schedule.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…