MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Here's a great idea for all of you in "weather challenged" climates and for us out here in the land of enviro-wackos.

75,000 Square-Foot Indoor Motocross Facility Being Built in the Midwest
Indoor Pits, Open 365Days, AMA Sanctioned Racing

Martinsville, Ind. – Club Motocross has received zoning approval and has begun construction of a 75,000 square-foot indoor motocross facility to be located in Martinsville, Indiana, approximately 35 miles south of Indianapolis.

Club Motocross will feature year-round racing and open practice for both motorcycles and quads and will host AMA Sanctioned events under the lights in a
climate-controlled setting.

There will be a fully-stocked Pro Shop located in the facility with all top aftermarket brands being offered, meeting all trackside needs.

The facility will include approximately 300 6’X6’ indoor pitstalls to enable riders to escape any inclement weather and allow riding and racing to continue regardless of the conditions outside.

“It is our intention to not only bring this facility to Indiana and the Midwest, but also to bring this facility to the motorcycle industry as a whole”, said Dave Steinbrook, one of two developers behind the plan. “We’ve identified the need for a fulltime practice facility in the Midwest, and our plans are to build several duplicate facilities throughout the United States in the coming years, meeting the needs of racers everywhere.”

Construction has already begun and the facility is scheduled to open Mid-November 2001 with the Grand Opening ceremonies scheduled for December.

Club Motocross will be open 365 days-a-year and will also host its own indoor racing series.

For more information on Club Motocross or for sponsorship opportunities, contact Ryan Marshall at 765.478.5802 or by email at ryan@motoracing.com.

Motoracing.com Inc.
MotoSports Marketing, Promotions and Public Relations
PO Box 291
Dublin, Indiana 47335
www.motoracing.com

bens

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2001
Ahh the choices of where to ride this winter are getting better and better....:confused:

There will also be an indoor facility in Muskegon, MI. Click on the link in my sig. (sjo productions) and the on the indoor tab. For all the info you need.

Also there supposed to be a place by Detroit somewhere (If anyone knows where and times of practice I am very interested) I'm not sure of the specs yet . I guess I can say good bye to the days of winterizing my bike.:) Life is good.

yzracer49

Mar 19, 2000
It's about time

I have seen it also. The press release is all over the internet. Hopefully it will go over well. Now if i could just talk them into building the 2nd one here in the Twin Cities.

I figure the market is there. At the only track inside a 1hr drive form the city, Elko, there are 150-200 bikes every thurs for open pratice. Even late this year when it was cold and been raining for 3 days. (can you say mud pit!)

This one looks like it will be on a grand scale, but even one smaller, but bigger than the one in Muskegon, would be very welcome.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Re: It's about time

Originally posted by yzracer49
Now if i could just talk them into building the 2nd one here in the Twin Cities.

looks like the metrodome may be available soon.

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
supercross brought bigger crowds in one day than the seahawks would bring all year here in seattle... but that didn't stop them from blowing up the kingdome... now supercross doesn't come to seattle anymore...
any chance of them putting one of these in the seattle area?

Last edited:

yzracer49

Mar 19, 2000
Had to do some digging to find this thread.

Has anyone heard anything from the builders recently? I have seen some headlines when I did a search about it being stopped by the city council or something along those lines. But could not find the articles. I tried to get into the web site, www.clubmotocross.com and it says access denied.

Anyone? :ugg:

Top Bottom