James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
This may have already been mentioned, but there is a new MX track up here in gainesville. My profile says i'm in NC....i'm in gainesville, lol. It won't let me in to change my profile. Anyway...

everyone may already know about it, but I just thought I would let y'all know just in case. Its only two miles down the road from me, so I kinda watched them build it. I know that they have some semi-pro people riding out there, which kinda scares me cause i'm just a newb. I have not been out there yet, but I think they are only open on weekends...at least, thats the only time i've every heard the bikes out there. I have no clue what the place is called. If anyone needs info, post up and i'll see what I can do. It takes me about 45 minutes coming home from denton, if that gives you and idea of how far it is.

James

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
james,
post some info on where and when. im in denton and that is pretty close to me. i would be interested in trying it out.

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
Alright, I went out and took a visit. I didn't ride it, but all I kept hearing from people was how nice the dirt was. It looked great. Its a very large track with a whoop section toward the back, and it has a triple and quite a few table tops. The name of the place is "Mcafee MX", which I think has already been talked about on here. Anyway...Hours are 3pm till dark tues. and thurs., and 9 am till dark sat. and sunday. Cost 15 bucks a person. I'll go ahead and give directions in case anyone wants them. Go north on I35 until you get to Lone Oak road, which is north of sanger a few miles. Once you exit, turn right onto FM 3002, which is the place that the exit leads to. you will stay on this road for a while. You will hit a four way stop in mountain springs, go through it, and keep driving. You will soon drive through "Burn's city"...don't blink or you will miss it. keep going.... and you will go down a big hill. AT the bottom of the hill, you will make a right onto 3496, which will take you all the way to FM 902. Take a right on FM 902. The track is about 1 and a half miles past lake kiowa on the right. You will probably see people riding, and there is no sign as of yet. Just a entrance made of cedar posts. Let me know if you would like to get together and ride sometime!

James

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
There is talk of a few DRN folks that might make the treck out there next weekend.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
TwinSpar said:
There is talk of a few DRN folks that might make the treck out there next weekend.

Yup :ride:

You need to come watch ... I am a joke on a MX track.

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
Cool! I've really been wanting to meet some of y'all, and maybe get some advise as far as my riding. What day and time this weekend are y'all planning on going? I'd really like to try and make it out there. Let me know! And BTW, Tony, If you think you are a joke on an MX track, try watching someone who has never ridden on one.....your gonna be the one laughing.....

James

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
James Miller said:
Cool! I've really been wanting to meet some of y'all, and maybe get some advise as far as my riding. What day and time this weekend are y'all planning on going? I'd really like to try and make it out there. Let me know!

Will Do!

James Miller said:
And BTW, Tony, If you think you are a joke on an MX track, try watching someone who has never ridden on one.....your gonna be the one laughing.....

James

I have been to Nocona, but my total numbber of laps is less than 10. As I said in another thread, I feel like I am riding on ball bearings with flat tires. :yikes:

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
What bike are you riding? I'm really just out to have fun anyway, since I don't own an mx bike. I'm riding an xr650, so not only will I be the slowest one on the track, but also the heaviest. Its all good though....

James

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
James:

All the plans for a ride moved north this weekend. I don't know how they convinced me, but I am hauling the bike north to Merwin. :yikes: :bang:

We will definitely have to hook up and ride ride at one of the local tracks soon.

If you ride trails, you should check out the many rides going on at Muenster. The 650 is a little big, but Grady rode a XR600 until just over a year ago, so it can be done.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I'm still shooting to head out there Sunday morning... so not ALL the plans have changed. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom