ZekeWard

Nov 19, 2002
Hi:
I am a newbie but still have a few questions I know you guys/gals will know...

I bought my 2002 WR250F in Late November 02, and I have only been able to put about 12 miles on it , with bad weather and all. But when I start it up after siting for a couple of days I notice that it kinda smokes if rev the throttle a bit, and does it kinda when its warmed up. no major oil consumption just a tad and I was talked into using mobil1 4XT oil in it ..

What do you all think ?..

Thanks for helping a newbie

Mark

B

biglou

It's normal, especially at startup when things are cold. The rings aren't fully seated, etc. Also, if it's running a bit rich, you will get some light black smoke out of the pipe. I've noticed that individual four strokes may or may not smoke, and to varying degrees. No biggie, as long as you aren't seeing significant oil consumption, which you said you weren't.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Just a long shot, but if the bike is new, try using a conventional oil for a while. Could be that rings are not seating/seated correctly. I have riden with quite a few 250F's and never seen any smoke when warmed up. I do see the Honda 450 smoking a little on the tracks. However I expect that from a 2 ring piston.

Chris

Chris

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Im not familar with this oil but is it a synthetic? If it is you are not suppose to be breaking in a new motor with Synthetic oil because it's apparently to slick and doesn't allow rings and valves to seat.

I would reccomend breaking in with a Oil like yamalube 4

Top Bottom