New years at TNT?

kxbeastrider

Nov 23, 2002
Does anybody know if Barbra is going to have a New years ride this year?
Gomer I guess you might know?
If so, who is planing on going?
- bryan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Yes, they're doing another big New Years Day event. The only thing I know is that it will be Jan 1 (so as not to interfere with races on the preceding and following weekends at nearby tracks).

I'll find out the details and post them ASAP. I'll definitely be there, but probably helping out and not riding.

Bryan, if you want to ride a *real* bike, I might let you sit on the CRF. Of course, I want the commission when you buy one!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The bars have been tested, thank you! ;)

You're welcome to ride it...all normal rules apply.

kxbeastrider

Nov 23, 2002
CRF??? I haven't been on here in a while. Too busy studig for exams. When did you get the CRF. I have rode one in the parking lot of the shop. The tend to start easy so I might see how a "Real" bike does durring "Real" riding. Ill take it on the long loop. Your welcome to ride mine as well.
BTW- what are the "normal rules" ??

As far as I know the Piedmont Honda, kawaski, Polaris, Cannondale gang will be there on the first. Today despite my sore arm and neck, my neighbor and I choped up some big loggs from the trees down due to the storm. We should have a nice fire, yall are more the welcome to come hang out.

- bryan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I got the CRF before DirtWeek!

"Normal rules" = "You break it, you replace it"

I've got to work New Year's Eve, so I won't be there until late that night...maybe 9:00. Keep the old man awake until then!

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
What time do the gates open that day? Will it be earlier than the normal 10:00am? We are trying to have a SCORE workday that day where we pick up trash in the woodline for a few hours and then go riding. Anybody who wants to get involved just look for the SCORE trailers!

kxbeastrider

Nov 23, 2002
Well it shows how much I pay attention! I guess I never heard. How do you like it?
Well I know the " old man" ( just turned 44 on the 12th) will be able to stay up past nine. We are going to try to make it. Not sure yet, never know what will happen at the last minute. I hope we go " I hope, I hope, I hope "
I can wait to try out my new Pirelli's. I have one ride on them, but it was in wet leaves. There's no trackion any way on that stuff.
-bryan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I'll be helping at the gate, so if I do get to ride it won't be until late in the day...but we'll be there!

Which Pirelli's?

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
What does the website mean by registering early, and no late entries? I won't be going to TNT between now and then. I'm just confused. :moon:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
You can mail in your registration for events. If you want to race or participate in an event you have to register either by mail or in person at either TNT or Hager Motorsports.

If you just want to ride just show up and have fun.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Oh, no late entries mean that when the event starts it starts. If you didn't sign up in time too bad... you should have signed up early :)

Ivan

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I was thinking about going,but wasnt really interested in racing, just riding. Would I still have to register?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
You can show up and ride but you still have to pay for your entry and membership if you don't have it. Plus, anyone entering the park (even non-riders) will have to pay an entry fee.

You are not required to register unless you are racing.

Ivan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Filling out memberships and paying the $10/year membership fee will NOT be happening New Years Day. Everyone coming through the gate will have to sign a waiver (already done if you are a member) and pay $10 (kids 3 and under free).

All areas will be open for riding except for short periods of time during special events.

kxbeastrider

Nov 23, 2002
Gomer,
I am running MT 44's on the front and MT 18's on the back. So far so good . That rear tire really likes to tear up the yard. After about 2 or 3 dead engine starts, I managed to but a 3 inch deep rut running about 15 long right down the middle of the yard!!!! Roto tiller
-bryan

kxbeastrider

Nov 23, 2002
Eric,
Even if we don't go down. Go on down there, you'll have a blast.
I asked dad today if we are going to be able to go. " we see what happens"
Never can get a straight answer out of him sometimes.
I just got done watching "Time to Ride" Its got me itching to go riding again.
-bryan

kxbeastrider

Nov 23, 2002
Its looking better. I think we are going. Dad told me that i should take my gas powered R/C with me. I'm taking it to the hobbyshop to get it fixed. So everyone watch out for a 12 inch long and 12 inch wide R/C doing 40 MPH down the dirt road! :)
-bryan

Bruce McCrary

Nov 10, 1999
Yeah, and your momma ain't real happy about you turning the yard into a starting area either. You remember where the shovel, hoe and rake are don't you...

Gomer!!!!!

Our game plan is to go to work Tuesday loaded up and ready to go. A good portion of key shop personell will be going so there isn't much of a chance of us leaving the shop until after 6:00 PM. We would really like to come that evening so that we could camp and bring in the new year. Can we make some arrangments oe will someone be there?

Bruce

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…