New years at TNT?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
No problem getting in after dark...as long as you know the "secret handshake"! :p

Barbara was telling me that there is someone who brings an RC car out there that jumps the freestyle jump with it!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Not *much*!!! :p

Just remember to call me at 1-900..., er, I mean, 803-530-5993 on your way down.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Weather looks good guys. Looking forward to being there. I'm gonna bring the father/n law and the two mean red bikes. I saw the gates open at 7:00 we're just gonna come to ride the trails, it looks like all the pics from last year where on the mx track. Are the trails gonna be open for us non-competative type? Gomer? Thanks again guys, we'll see ya wed.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The trails will be open. They might even be having a poker run if you're interested.

I'll be out at the entrance all day, so make sure you tell me it's you when you come through.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
cool thanks Gomer. Yea I think I might be interested. We'll be drivin a blue Tahoe w/black trailer. Hey do you know a fellow that works at Piedmont Honda in the Parts department by the name of Bruce? He got me interested in the whole new yrs thing. He said he used to be one of the people involved in the NCHSA? Anywho see ya there.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Ooh, be afraid...be very afraid! That Bruce McScarey fella is a dangerous man! Rumor has it that he has an offspring that masquerades as a KX rider, but he's really just a spode on a green Suzuki!

The McScarey's are actually migratory animals and wil likely bring their home with them. Since a KTM crank costs approximately the GNP of most countries, he'll likely be playing Forest Pinball on a bicycle with a motor.

Involved? Involved?!? Yeah...to the point that his wife had nightmares about all of the scoring she did and the main bearings in his KTM380 rusted from neglect because he was always running the races instead of participating in them. On the flip side, he didn't run into *as many* trees that way.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
LOL interesting I had no idea that I was dealing w/such a rare animal. I am even contemplating joining that series mostly to help more than race. I guess I'll approach this herd a little more carefully now. CRICKY!! Look at that one shes a beaauuty. I understand that the rare Bruce rides a Cannondale these days. Now if you just grab em' by the rear fender, woa there hes a jumper....lol Gomer what shall I call ya when we see you on wed? I'll have to make sure to tell Bruce you said howdy;)

Bruce McCrary

Nov 10, 1999
Man, you guys wouldn't talk about a fella would you? Sheesh.

Gomer do I need to make arrangments with Barbara, or are you going to be there to open the gate for us. I'm thinking it's going to be around 7:30 or 8:00 before we get there.

BTW, the kids bike could now be nicknamed 'supertanker' or something along those lines. Santa brought him one of those 3.2 gal IMS fuel tanks, so he ought to be able to ride and ride and ride...

kxbeastrider

Nov 23, 2002
Suzuki!!!
How dare you, insult my bike like that. LOL
Yeah the tank is rather large.
Oh yeah, good thinking on the story line. Love the one about taking their home with them! Complete with McCrary Racing stickers and all!

Were you serious about the kid with the RC on the freestyle jumps?
Cause I want to see that.
-Bryan

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
thats a heck of a big tank for a mini. that ought to last a while. I would be affended as well Bryan.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
flynbryan:  Yeah, that's it...Cannondale, a bicycle with a motor. :p

Bruce: I *had* written more about you but the moderator of this forum deleted most of the details of your existence!  I'm probably not going to get there until 9:00 that night, but I'll talk to Barbara about it this Sunday when we go.

Bryan: I didn't mean to insult the bike, merely the rider!  Yes, I was serious about the RC over the freestyle jump.  I want to see it, too.

Any chance any of you guys can make it this Sunday, too?  (I'll get to ride Sunday, but probably not Wednesday)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
hhhmmmm.........possibly. Its alot more likely that we'll be riding at yaharrie(sp?) this weekend. Really its just a matter of getting my new front wheel laced up in time. Would someone please tell me that just cause I ride Laracco's bike doesnt mean I can ride whoops like he can......;)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
that was just about sick:) After the last encounter I had w/mx track I've decided not to let myself on one anymore,lol. We'll definately come watch and blast some trails. If we dont see ya sun. we'll be there wed. provided theres none of the wet stuff droping from the sky.

Bruce McCrary

Nov 10, 1999
flyinbryan,

It ain't no mini. That 15 year old kid of mine is hot shoeing a KX250 around these days, and is FLYING if I do say so myself.

Gomer,

I sent Barbara a post on the TNT list about getting in Tuesday as well. Sunday is out for us, we won't be able to do two rides that close together. But the weather appears to be much better for Sunday than Tues/Weds. Hope you guys either don't get the rain they're calling for here, or it moves on out before then.

We might try to sneak out to Healing Springs on Sunday, or we may just get ready for TNT. We'll see.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
:o I was I was riding a 250 when I was 15 geez. Hats off to ya Bryan. I have to see ya throw that thing around if ya'll are there wed. Bruce what kinda place is Healing Springs? Mx or Trails?

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
:) I'm crossing my fingers, but I just looked at weather.com Bruce and theyre saying only 10% chance of rain. We'll wait and see.:)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I could barely stay with him when he was on an 80, I'm sure there is no hope, now.

Sunday I'll be the dashing young chap on a CRF, #969. My oldest (18) will be on his YZ250, #410. Our youngest will be on his XR50, #24. When not riding we'll be wandering around the FunMover near the kid's track(s).

I'll even do some woods riding (gasp) if you make it down!

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
lol sounds like a good time I'll have to check w/the Inlaw and see if he's interested. If the wheel is together maybe me and my fiancee' will be there. My fiancee' rides an 86'250X(yea I know when I get money I'm gettin here a bike) and I will be on a CRF as well #111 w/tree hugger shields;) Hopefully we'll see ya there. Now I just actually have to look at the map to see how to get there.......(hmm maybe I should've already done that.....)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I sure wish I could remeber everything I needed to say in one post.....Gomer if we come down on Sun. will we have to pay for the membership?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You don't have to pay the membership the first time, but you do the second time (not including New Years). You'll still have to fil out the forms the first time and get your membership card, but it wil be noted that you haven't paid, yet.

The bonus to already getting your membership cards is that you won't have to sign anything on New Year's Day, just pay the $10 and enter. We haven't decided yet if we'll have a separate line for people that already have membership cards, but it's a possibility that it will make getting in a lot faster.

As far as directions, either click on the TNT in my signature, or:
77-South
Exit 55 (rt 97)
Right (west) on 97
Go 3 miles
Left on Brown Road
Go 1.5 miles
On right.

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Hey Gomer, I'm planning on riding Sunday. Maybe I can finally get you out on the woods track?

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I'll even do some woods riding (gasp) if you make it down!

OH MY GOSH!!!! :eek: :scream:

I'll pay to see that! :worship:

wrench

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…