New years at TNT?

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Bruce are you gonna do any tree hugging w/us wed. Or are ya'll gonna stick to the mx track? Gomer sorry I missed ya today didnt make it out to chester. See ya New Years:)

Bruce McCrary

Nov 10, 1999
Stick to the MX track????

Oh lordy. You must have me confused with someone else... Fatboys don't jump. At least this one doesn't. Ooooo... the very thought of it makes me feel faint.

Nupe. I wouldn't call myself a tree huger but Gomers discription of playing forest pinball probably comes as close to it as anything.

Hey Gomer, remember that H/S up in Denver a while back? ;)

A930Turbo

Dec 27, 2002
Guys,

I've been following your posts about TNT. After a 25 year hiatus, I bought a bike along with 2 for the kids (7 and 9). What's TNT like? I've seen their website and all, but wanted some input from others that have ridden there. Is it a place that a guy (and 2 kids) who's green as a gourd can ride at? For comparison, I've been riding a Wambaw since it's close to home, but the sand is a killer for traction/control. I'm not planning on catching air any time soon, just looking for advice. It looks like a great place, but at a 3 hour drive from Charleston, I want to get some opinions.

BTW. I bought the bikes because I usually track a car 5-6 times a year, but it's not really a family activity with me driving at 150 mph and the family watching me go by. :( Now that we can all participate, its been fun (and frustrating) to teach the kids to ride.

Regards,
Jim

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
don't feel bad Bruce Thin/Accident Prone guys have a hard time w/those MX tracks as well. I'll have to hunt ya'll down when were there. Me,Dave,and my fiancee are gonna be playing forrest pinball as well so we'll have to get together. I'm guessing your son rides trails as well since he just got the oversized tank. Looking forward to seeing ya'll there. A930Turbo come on down its gonna be a great time. Come ride and meet some new friends. Its a great family sport and place to meet alot of really nice people.

Inbred

Nov 26, 2002
A930Turbo:

Man, is it a small world or what? You know me on other boards, and Road Atlanta, as 98banana... as you probably know, my Cobra is in many pieces still and I've been considering getting back into bikes as well. TNT is a great place for all levels of riders. There's diffenrent tracks for each age and skill groups as well as many miles of trails.

Tom

Bruce McCrary

Nov 10, 1999
This is from a die hard woods junkie's point of view...

The trails (for the most part) are ATV width. They were cut with a SWECO machine and it's 50" wide blade, so that is your narrowest width. In most places it's much wider than that. The trails also get riden by ATV's a lot so you end up with that ATV 2 track on the trails, which is usually not a problem, except when you have to cross that hump in the middle. No biggy, just a point.

The level of difficulty is not that bad, there are just a few places that get somewhat technical, but can be done by anyone as long as they take thier time and *think* before commiting.

What that means is that the more experianced will be booking. The trials are one way, so that lends itself to running hammer down. Most everyone will slow down when coming up on slower riders and make clean passes, but it's something to consider.

FWIW...

Bruce

efivecoat

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2002
Bruce, or Gomer, or even Bryan...give me acall on my cell (336)287-1638...I may come but not if it's a torrential downpour, I mean the term "glutton for punishment" only goes so far. I'll also be on a borrowed bike, the katoom's wet clutch decided to suck a little air in, so I'm waiting on parts...

A930Turbo

Dec 27, 2002

Hi Tom,

Boy it is a small world! Good to hear from you. I wasn't driving my car enough to satisfy need for speed, so I got the bikes since I could do it more often. I rode 4 times last week vs. 3 days at Rd Atl this year :(

I won't make it for the 1st, but will make a trip soon to investigate and ride, then bring the kids later. If you go, email me and let me know.

Bruce: Thanks for the info. The trails sound like Wambaw widthwise (but with no sand I hope). There's not enough safe room at Wambaw for the kids with nuts going against traffic and parents letting their kid ride a go-kart in the parking/trails this past weekend. Unbelievable.

Seems the more I look into it, the more people I meet that have bikes and everyone has been great to talk to and helpful at the trails.

Hope to see you guys soon.

Regards,
Jim

BTW Tom, My buddy with the (puke) brown coupe broke his crankshaft when we drove at Rd Atl in Nov, completely destroying his motor. There goes $7-8K down the drain.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I'm definitly there Wednesday, looking forward to riding in the mud too.

KXrider12

Sponsoring Member
Jan 2, 2002
Im plaining on making the trip, unless its to muddy, i just rode last saturday at Strawberryhill in the mud so ive had enough of the wet stuff.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
yea I'm getting worried guys. I guess its up in the air............Why couldn't we have sat and sun's weather?!?!?!:\

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Mud only makes falling less painful. ;)

Last edited:

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
That's your problem right there, stay outta them woods! Anybody wants to find me I'm #17 on a '02 yz 125 or I will be wearing my DRN hoodie and be carrying a camera around if I'm not riding.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Everything is loaded up except for the bike (where are those tie downs? :think: ) See you guys there.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
alright guys I wussed out after the weather forecast and went to va. how did it pan out? Bruce how'd everything go?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
We got a decent amount of rain from about 1:00 am until 5:00 am. Then it sprinkled on and off until almost 11:00. It was muddy...I mean MUDDY!

Danny (our oldest) had fried the clutch on his YZ and I told him he wasn't taking my new CRF out into that mud to destroy it.

I'd estimate that a couple of tons (easily) of dirt went out on bikes and 4 wheelers when they left.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Well I'm glad to hear ya'll had a good turn out even after the rain. I'll try to keep up to date w/you and Bruce to see when ya'll are gonna go riding there again soon. I REALLY wanted to go, but was scared it would get rained out. We will definately get down there soon though. I wanna take you up on that tree pinball game you offered. Talk to ya soon.
Bryan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Oh no, that was a one-time-offer, never-again-to-be-repeated! Now you have to hit the track with us! :o

Bruce was there in the mud with his Clankendale. (Isn't that what you called it?)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
lol now don't get me in anymore trouble remember the saying there are 3 people in this world you dont want to piss off: your mother, your doctor, and your parts man. Cause they can all ruin your day if you get them mad:)

kxbeastrider

Nov 23, 2002
Gomer,
You can just about call that thing anything you want, but bad. He did really well on it in the mud. He got it out of the "toter home" and rode it about 20 miles! Better than he would have done on the KTM.
Gomer chinkened out on us. It really wasnt that bad in the woods. The 20+ pounds of mud that I knocked off of the bike at you RV was from the mud pit!?
Other that DEEP DEEP ruts it was decent riding.
One thing never to do again, night ride. I dont have lights so I duck taped 2 flashights to the front fender and took off with some other four wheelers! Thats really scary. Oh and I rode in the new year. We were gone from about 11 or so to 12:30 on the short loop!
-bryan

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Sounds like alot of fun Bryan. Do ya'll ride during the week at all. I haven't asked your father about it yet, but we'd like to go riding w/you and your father sometime.

another Bryan

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…