alan250f

Apr 5, 2003
Hi all, I just got a '99 KDX220, very nice shape, and am looking forward to riding it tomorrow for the first time. Unfortunately, it didn't come with a manual, and was wondering what is the factory setting on the clickers. I'd like to use them as a baseline as I get used to the bike. I did try the Search, but it didn't seem to work for me. If anybody knows where I can get a manual, that would be great. BTW, this site is awesome, I learned a ton just browsing the posts! It seems there is only comp. adjustment on the forks, so I guess the screws on the top are for releasing air pressure?? Thanks in advance!

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Yes the screws at the top are for bleeding out any pressure buildup. The screws at the bottom are for compression adjust and I think stock settings are 14 clicks out but I'm not 100% sure. I run at 12 but have 21lb springs.

If you did some reading you will know the stock springs are out of balance and will most likely need to replace either the rear or the front springs depending on your weight.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom