tremmy

Aug 29, 2004
Just new to the whole 2st, kdx thing, I have got a few questions. Just purchased a 97 Kdx 200 for my son.Came with absolutely no info, manuals etc.By the way where in Australia. Do not know if there are any differance in models etc.
1) is there any way of getting rid of the ignition key on the r/h side of the frame.
2) kips cover. have read the procedure of checking the power valve. What lies under the KIPS cover on engine. And can it be serviced/inspected from this point.
3) has any body got any info/instructions on changing fork oil.
4) shock bearing/bush can it be replaced while engine still in frame..
these things will give my son & I enought to go on with

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
I think that if you buy a service manual from the Kawasaki dealer for that particular bike, it will help you a good deal. I bought one for my KX250 and it's good to have. Also, talk to the guys here on the KDX forums, they can help you a lot.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Welcome. Im also in Australia, Sydney actually.

1. You can get it out easy but there is 3 wires attached that need to be rewired for the bike to start. If theres a problem with it take it to a locksmith, mine cost me $25 too have repaired and 2 keys cut for it.

2. Dont worry about the cover with KIPS written on it, its the round cap near it with the slot in it. The KIPS can only be checked for smooth operation from this point you have to pull the top end down to get to all the goodies for cleaning.

3. Some great info can be found here on forks.
http://www.dishers.com/index_Dirtbikes.html

4. Not sure sorry.

Where abouts in Australia are you? If you havent already go here and read, read, read.
http://www.dirtrider.net/justkdx/

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
I second getting the factory manual. You don't have to remove the engine to remove the shock. The manual will go into it in detail with good photos of many procedures.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…