no bottom end power

jimmy 420

Dec 7, 2005
i hav a 97 rm 125 that i just got off my buddy it is totally rebuilt top bottom and tranny when i gewt to the power band it rips but befor that it just wont rev i hav to dump the clutch to break the tire loose i was told that it could be that the exhaust valve linkage lost the clip i was wonderin if there r any other reasons for this? oh and the jettin is good

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
what kind of bike are you used to???? 125s are like that, you have to stay on the pipe. even when i was riding my 88 cr250 and would jump on my buddies 02 yz125 it felt like it had to be broke or something...........nope keep it on the pipe

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
What were you riding in and what size rear tire do you have? I have a 110/90-19 and in deep or wet sand, it makes it alot harder to break loose, some times the clutch wont even do it if Im lugging it a bit. But when you dont want it too... rippp there it goes... like on loose ashphalt.

woody 67

Oct 17, 2005
Too Rich

When the bikes top end was redone they would have bored over so you probly need to go leaner on the pilot jet . Easy way to find out is turn your air screw in til lightly seated counting how many turns. Then turn it out that many turns again and then one more turn if that fixes you problem, you need a leaner pilot jet . You should only need to come out 1 1/2 to 2 turns any more and your to rich . Hope this helps . As my drunk brother in law would say it f--k in 98 % carb and 2% whatever else . :bang:

jimmy 420

Dec 7, 2005
i took the cover off the side of the cylinder where the power valve was and it was jammed i broke i loose and it runs alot better now it didnt run for a year till i got it so carbon built up i think

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…