No More Moto on ESPN?

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
The latest rumor is that ESPN will no longer air motocross or Supercross coverage.

Could we be so lucky? Will Speed Channel take up the slack?

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Man I hope so. Just please let Cam and Todd stay behind. If I have to hear "Are you kidding me?" or the alleged word "cyclism" one more time I think I'll puke.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I have heard OLN or the Outdoor Channel -- whichever one has the GNCC series.

I just hope whoever it is either takes it live or at least keeps it next day. And they bring back Bailey and *gasp* Eckman.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
OLN would kinda suck compared to Speed. Mostly because i would have to up to the highest package on Dishnetwork to get it. OLN does do a decent job on the GNCC series.

B

biglou

"The thunder from down under". "The beasts from the east". "Binders" :bang: Oh it would be nice to never hear those words uttered again during a SX/MX broadcast. Although, I don't have OLN on my Dishnet package either, so I hope Speed gets it.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
OLN has the Nationals for this summer. CCE is negotiating with Speed and other options for seasons to come.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Speed did a great job with Daytona. Dave Dispain is a GREAT commentator. I hope they pick-up SX, the Nationals & GNCC!

ESPN’s coverage sucks. Just ask my son…he hears me scream it all of the time.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
When is the GNCC on OLN?

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I know OLN shows a 30min version of the GNCC on Thursdays 11am eastern

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
kelsorat said:
I know OLN shows a 30min version of the GNCC on Thursdays 11am eastern

That's one of the re-airs. It airs for the first time each week on Tuesdays @ 5:00pm eastern time.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
So I need to get OLN? Man, I have paying the dish bill and now I have to upgrade!

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Chili said:
OLN has the Nationals for this summer. CCE is negotiating with Speed and other options for seasons to come.
There's no mention of National MX coverage on OLN's website or the AMA website, either.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002

I took a peak and could find no official press release. Bruhn is usually pretty accurate and unlikely to put something like that out there without it being verified.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
when did ESPN show Motos? I thought it was the basket weaving channel?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I'll take anyone that presents the coverage as advertised and doesn't bump it all the time.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Chili said:
I took a peak and could find no official press release. Bruhn is usually pretty accurate and unlikely to put something like that out there without it being verified.
Irresponsible journalism. ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Damn. I'm gonna miss womens golf and softball :moon:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Kav said:
when did ESPN show Motos? I thought it was the basket weaving channel?

Usually racing was netled between Bowling (exciting regional PBA action from Kankakee, IL) and College Fast Pitch Softball in the wee hours of the night. :bang:

Serioulsy, my TiVo gave up on trying to figure out the schedule for SX this season. For the last 3 races I had to go and find the races and force it to record. I'd go look at the 'to-do list' and the season pass manager was like 'WTF??"

Speed or OLN would be great - Let's just hope that CCE and whoever it is can get their $%^& together before the season starts...

-=jeffd

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
you guys cant forget the jump rope competitions either, that was almost as good as SX :bang:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
sick 96 250 said:
you guys cant forget the jump rope competitions either, that was almost as good as SX :bang:

or the Jr. High spelling bee. Lots of sponsorship money in that sport! :)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Any news?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…