No More Moto on ESPN?

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Looks like OLN is a done deal. :uh:

They have "AMA Motocross" listed on May 28th from 3 to 4 pm Eastern.

OLN TV Listings

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
at least bowling, or even jumproping could be viewed as a sport. What's the deal with Poker? ESPN is the poker championship station.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
right on. :)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Time to tweak the TiVo!

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Is this comfirmed?? I didn't see anything about it on oln's web site or amamotorcross.com ....

- B

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
YamaB said:
Is this comfirmed?? I didn't see anything about it on oln's web site or amamotorcross.com ....

- B
Well...it's on OLN's website TV listing. There isn't any indication as to which race it is, and it only show an hour time slot, but it's there.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'm sure once OLN starts showing it we'll find something to bitch about ;)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
XRpredator said:
I'm sure once OLN starts showing it we'll find something to bitch about ;)

True Dat!

But we can start right now by them only showing an hour worth instead of 2 hours. Maybe they heard everyone saying the 125cc class doesnt count as real racing. :laugh:

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
I dunno... I'm not so happy with OLN... Last year they didn't show the GNCC at all, and this year they cut a 3 hour race down to a 1/2 hour show...

- B

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
RM_guy- I can't find any motocross listings. I think you're looking at a GNCC race.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
YamaB said:
I dunno... I'm not so happy with OLN... Last year they didn't show the GNCC at all, and this year they cut a 3 hour race down to a 1/2 hour show...

- B

A lot of that was due to the production company... not OLN.

You have to remember OLN just hosts the show. GNCC Productions now does the show and pays for a slot on OLN to show it.

The same will happen with SX/MX. CCE or the AMA will do the production and pay OLN for a spot in which they can show it.

Also, I read that Jamie Little, Todd and Cameron are ESPN paid talent and will not make the transition.

With the exception of Jamie not being there I am happy about that.

Ivan

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Well I will miss Jamie. You gotta have some eye candy

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Have you seen Erin Bates?

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
oooo yes, she's not as anorexic looking. Good call :laugh:

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I doubt they'll have any probs filling the eye candy position.

In fact, maybe I'll volunteer my human resources skills to help with the interviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidebar: I just watched one of my neighbors back into his own brick mailbox out of my window. Shouldn't laugh but its not it was put there this morning or anything. :boss: Ford Tauruses and bricks apparently don't mix well. That's not pretty.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
The GNCC stuff is hacked up pretty good and does not seem to flow. They seem to comintating on the middle of the race and then its off to the some podium shots and coments by the riders? I hope they have a different production company and friggn keep Jerry Burnitto (sp) out of it. Just don't like the guy much. Its bad enough I have to see him during the supermoto or Dakar now. I sure wish it was going to speed.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Nice. Too bad you didn't get it on film.

Life is funnier than any TV sitcom.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I thanked them for providing coverage of the 2005 AMA Outdoor Nationals and expressed my hope that they would provide coverage of both the 125cc and 250cc classes.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Davey Coombs mentions the switch of networks during the Racerhead column at www.racerxill.com
He said the broadcast team isn't finalized yet but the most important piece is in place-David Bailey.

Whoo Hoo

Now I've got to figure out how to get Speed and OLN back. On Cox Cable it was about an extra $30 bucks a month and I couldn't justify it.

Anyone have any tips about the going to a Dish?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Dishnetworks 180 channel w/ Local channels is $52.99/month. You need the 180 package to get OLN. Speed comes with the 120 channel (which i have). So now i need to upgrade to get OLN.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…