No Orlando SX Comments?

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I loved the race. I already knew the outcome, but watched it anyway, and was still on the edge of my seat. I'll miss him for sure in future supercross races.

kx__ken

Mar 10, 2006
That was an amazing race one of the best I've seen. Hats off to a great clean race for both of those guys. To bad Chad couldn't get any where near either one of them. How about Everts showing up? I didn't know him and RC where buddies.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
To bad Chad couldn't get any where near either one of them.
Gotta feel a little bad for the guy, he's like the red-headed step-child.

How about Everts showing up?
The guy is a class act; great ambassador for the sport.

That was an amazing race one of the best I've seen. Hats off to a great clean race for both of those guys.
That's what happens when you put two, no excuses, no bs racers together. The RC look over on his pass was Awesome!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
That was awesome!

Props to Bubba for another amazing race and lightning speed through the whoops. But RC will forever be the GOAT.

Does anyone still believe Chad would have won the '04 title if RC or JBS had raced that year? RC and JBS are clearly a step ahead of Chad in speed.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
dirt bike dave said:
That was awesome!

Props to Bubba for another amazing race and lightning speed through the whoops. But RC will forever be the GOAT.
I really doubt anyone will stick to it as long as RC did ... "could" JS beat the records? Probably. "Will" he... doubtful. If you are him, in this day and age, you take the big bucks, get your titles and move along... probably a lot sooner than RC did. I doubt anyone has the drive and determination and yes LUCK over the long-haul that RC has had.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The main problem with JBS claim to the title of GOAT is that he lost titles to RC every single time that they went head to head for a full season. Two in SX, two outdoors. So he will always be 0-4 against RC.

Also, RC won an AMA outdoor title every season since he turned full time pro. That ship has already sailed for Bubba.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
I really doubt anyone will stick to it as long as RC did ... "could" JS beat the records? Probably. "Will" he... doubtful.

He'd have to stick it out longer than RC has since he's already several titles behind at this point to where RC was.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
That race was incredible! Talk about going out with style and showing some real fire. It's too bad JS wasn't on the scene earlier. We would have had more epic battles instead of the run-away seasons that we've had and will have for a while.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
To all those that believe that nobody can keep up with Stewart, watch it again. And Reed was close, just not at the end. He was up there for several laps, enough for Stewart to screw up (but unfortunately that did not happen this time). Also, did anybody notice that Stewart was giving RC plenty of room in the turns. If he is so fast, then why does he have to hug up on Reed every chance he gets? Clarity, when he passes the worlds fastest rider, he leaves 3-6 feet of dirt between him and his opponent, but when he passes somebody that doesn't stand a chance of keeping up with him, he has to rub elbows? It looks to me like he's just an *******, and I am getting sick of him.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Way cool race. The "look-overs" seemed like a sign of mutual respect........a nice way for JS to confirm RC, and a respectful way for RC to "hand over the reigns." Was it 05 or 06 when RC and McGrath went over a double, did look-overs, and RC pointed to Showtime like......"You da Man?"

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Someone who get's it... very cool.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Hey Oakie.I remember you posted that pic of RC pointing to MC over a jump.....can you post it again?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Villapoto could become a GOAT by Winning a Championship every year of his Pro career

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Too bad Reedy made a mistake & couldn't keep the pace. The guy seems to be nailing the starts lately & getting the holeshots.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Funny how the races that RC competed in James and RC gapped Reed by 30+ seconds but in the rounds that RC did not compete James beat Reed by a comfortable 5-15 sec margin. In this race, Reed got the holeshot and RC and JBS caught and passed Reed and managed to gap him by 18.5 seconds on a track that they were turning 48 second lap times, that is HUGE. James's Best time was over a second faster than Reeds best time. Some think Reed is just as fast because he has been within 5-15 seconds of James at the races RC did not compete, I think that James has gotten smarter and is riding fast enough to win comfortably and when RC is there it is a lot faster pace than when it is just Reed. I also think that RC holds his lines therefore there is no contact with JBS and RC. However when James goes by Reed, such as in St. Louis (the first time he passed Reed) he passed him clean, no where near contact but Reed went down low, made contact with James and took them both out. The second time James passed Reed after coming back from a 30 second deficit it was again a clean pass, no contact but he did block pass him and gave him a look back as if to say "not even a blatant take out can stop me from beating you".

Reed is an unbelievable rider. Super talented. I am not taking anything away from him. But he is not on the same level as JBS and RC and that has been made evident in every race that they have all showed up to through out Reeds career. He has never beaten James or RC in a race where they did not go down or when RC was not in protect mode. Not ever. I do think he is capable but not determined enough. That is just my opinion though. Those that dislike JBS and RC will no doubt see it differently.

kx__ken

Mar 10, 2006

Yes very cool BUT. Does anybody believe that there will be a rider to make the kind comments that Everts made about RC to JBS at the end of his career? Impossible to say but I doubt it.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
kx__ken said:
Yes very cool BUT. Does anybody believe that there will be a rider to make the kind comments that Everts made about RC to JBS at the end of his career? Impossible to say but I doubt it.

How about you share or link us to the comments you're referring to and we can decide from there?

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Rubbin is racing. Dale Earnhardt used to lean on people, even when he didn't have to. Racing is a mental game, it's pretty obvious that James is in Chad's head.

When did MX get so politically correct, he didn't knock crybaby down or take him out. RC did the same thing to Reed in the heat race. That's a message to crybaby, you're not good enough now or ever. Don't like it, do something about it.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Anyone else notice...no post race interview with 3rd place....What's up with that.... :whoa:

Last edited:

kx__ken

Mar 10, 2006
Chili said:
How about you share or link us to the comments you're referring to and we can decide from there?

If there's a link I'm not aware of it. All I did was watch the broadcast. I hate to even try paraphrase the guy but he basically said he was there for support of RCs off the track behavior and personality/friendship more than anything else. Funny how in 98/99 there where people around here saying he didn't "represent the sport well".

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I got to go to the Orlando SX courtesy of Bridgestone & Michelin.

I got pit passes and was able to talk to some people who I would otherwise never have met. It was incredible to say the least.

One guy I got to chat with for a while was JBS' mechanic. Some guy on here recently posted a thread about how he hated Jeremy.

That guy has no clue.

I am not a fan of Stewart. But his mechanic is one seriously nice and humble guy. And the word from all of the Bridgestone guys, he is also one of the smartest mechanics in the pits.

Just my observation.

Oh.. One hell of a race too.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Just the response that I was looking for. Stewart does it when he doesn't have to (just to send an unnecessary message?), and it's just part of the game, but when Reed does do something about it (uses identical tactics), the world explodes with criticism about a blatent take-out. Well, I ask all, is rubbin' really a part of racin' or not? If so, then it is OK for everybody, including the "crybaby". If not, then Stewart needs to play right too.

James may be in Chad's head, be he is also p1$$1ng Chad off, which may not yield the desired result. I personally think that a fast, clean, easy pass would have a more profound mental effect. It would say "hey, look how easy this is".

What it really boils down to is respect (as has been said before). Reed and Stewart have absolutely no respect for each other right now, and I have a feeling that we will be seeing a lot more of the same, unless the AMA decides to butt in.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…