No Orlando SX Comments?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
At some point many years from now if James manages to topple RC's records he will replace RC as the GOAT, until then he's just the fastest guy out there currently.
Maybe the over zealous are calling James the "GOAT", I don't think anyone who's paid attention to the sport is saying it... but, it's clear James IS in fact faster. However... RC stepped-up to match and dethrone MC (on the ragged edge less we forget) and stepped-up yet again to run with James... you can't take anything away from that. It's just time to realize that RC's run is over and frankly had he not retired just in time, he would have come out 2nd. Sorry, that's just the way I see it.

Wilky

Oct 21, 2004
Red Mamba said:
Chad Reed need to worry about three guys getting up closer to him, Tim Ferry, Tedesco, and Langston, they are getting real close to him if he still wanna maintain the #2 spot.

20 plus seconds behind Reed at the end Orlando race is not close. If the race would have gone another lap or two Langston would have been lapped by Bubba and RC. What happened to Millsaps, the score card showed him down 2 laps. It must be tuff going from the East coast lites champ to a lapper X2. Rehab from the femur must not be going as planned.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I am a huge RC fan. But I'll admit JBS has arrived and RC is not as focused/committed/willing to hang it out as he used to be.

So, yeah, if RC had raced the full '07 SX series, he may well have lost the title to JBS. Finally, someone can keep up with RC on an SX track.

But RC's GOAT title was earned outdoors. All those SX titles and wins were just icing on the cake.

I'll guess RC has beat JBS about 90% of the time they lined up against each other outdoors. IMO, to be the GOAT, JBS will have to EXCEED RC's title count. Not going to happen.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
DM is doing pretty good,all things considered!JS and RC lapped DV,7th,SWEET! Could you imagine the hill them guys are looking at,they are pro's and got LAPPED! 20 times a couple of seconds per lap add up quick.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Okiewan said:
Why? Can't, won't, etc .... ? All records are eventually broken are they not?

SX and MX will probably be out of business or outlawed within 100 years, so there won't be too many generations left to go after RC.

Two perfect 24 moto seasons in the premier class will never be broken. 10 straight outdoor titles including 7 in the premier class won't be broken.

Maybe JBS will get some of RC's records. But he wont get them all for some combination of the following:

1) He's not as great a rider as RC
2) He'll burn out from the pressure and the hard work it takes to stay on top year after year
3) He'll get bored with dominating and move on to something else
4) He could get slowed or stopped by injury
5) Bad luck
6) Someone as fast will come along and will beat JBS often enough to take some titles away
7) If he starts to get RC's records, RC will just come back and get a few more titles :p

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
dirt bike dave said:
7) If he starts to get RC's records, RC will just come back and get a few more titles :p
Ha! Good one. Set a new goal, achieve it...pretty much sums up the attitude and work ethic that has put RC in the Hall of Fame category.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Chili said:
He'd have to stick it out longer than RC has since he's already several titles behind at this point to where RC was.

Didn't RC only win like 1 or 2 RACES in his first two years in the big bikes?? I think JBS can easily equal or beat RC's sx accomplishments if he can manage to not get hurt by riding crazy... Heck, when neither rider crashed, JBS beat RC pretty much 100% of the time in SX... I don't know if anyone will ever beat RC's outdoor records as he is definitely the best outdoor mx'er by FAR...

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
mafols said:
Anyone else notice...no post race interview with 3rd place....What's up with that.... :whoa:

Chad was probably back at the Yamahauler crying...

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004

JBS likes and respects RC... He doesn't seem to like or respect Reed...

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000

:nod:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
SX and MX will probably be out of business or outlawed within 100 years, so there won't be too many generations left to go after RC.

The thought of that possibility brought a tear to my eye.

:ohmy:

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
I heard Chad mention about being pushed around and not wanting to take it anymore, is that whining?
Yes.

Just go out and do it. No need for warnings...warnings are just talk. And this business of....."I'm trying". I had a football coach who used to say "trying is lying". LOL

CR needs to work harder, push the edge further...or zip-it and accept the fact that he will get beat.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
"Bubba is the next GOAT."

And what's sad, is I'm not really a big fan of JBS. I think he's arrogant and disrespectful to the other riders. But you can't take away his talent no matter what his attitude is.

I'm a bigger fan of the guy who contantly rams his head against a wall each week, trying to somehow pull out a win, who can regularly shread every single racer on the track, except for one guy (one guy now).

Think about it, if you are JBS or RC, you have the talent to win. If you are everyone else, you know without a doubt that you suck and can never win. If you are Reed, you are caught in the middle. What would you guys do...look like idiots each week on the podium taking your scraps or give up already. I think most of you would have seen the writing on the wall and just given up by now. Reed is without a doubt in the toughest most frustrating spot....and despite that, and the haters, and his statistical chances of losing....he still tries. I have more respect for him than all the other riders. Even if he never wins again...just the fact that he goes out there hungry for a win. You think the rest of the pack actually hopes for a win? Byrne, Windham? No...they all know they will never win....they just hope for the best. Reed tries to win.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004

JBS and RC don't just rely on natural talent (although they both obviously have plenty of it)... They both train harder than most everybody else... I remember hearing that JBS runs 3-5 20 lap motos per day to keep himself in top form...

Chad Reed makes around $4.5 million per year to get his butt whooped by RC and JBS on a weekly basis... I'd do it for free!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
YamaB said:
Didn't RC only win like 1 or 2 RACES in his first two years in the big bikes??

In SX Yes. RC has won the title every season he's raced outdoors. In fact Stewart benefited from RC's decision to jump up to the big boy class too soon and stayed an extra year on 125's for seasoning thus helping him break some of RC's 125 records and get more ready for his big bike debut.

YamaB said:
I think JBS can easily equal or beat RC's sx accomplishments if he can manage to not get hurt by riding crazy...

I agree and while this may put him in line for MC's King of SX title it still doesn't make him the GOAT if he can't surpass all of RC's records outdoors included.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Micahdawg said:
"Bubba is the next GOAT."

You don't get anointed ahead of time, you receive your title after you break the records.

Don't kid yourself, deep inside Chad he knows the likelihood of him winning is the about the same as it is for Windham and Byrne, he just hasn't made peace with it yet and thus comes the excuses and whining.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Ok, couple things. First, are you talking about 'NEXT GOAT' or 'GOAT?' Cause I'm no more anointing Bubba the current GOAT than you are anointing RC the 07 Champ (if he wanted).

Second, I flat out disagree that Reed knows he is no better than Windham or Byrne. Look at the last race for example. He was closer to JBS/RC (18 seconds back) than everyone else (24 seconds ahead). And the proof....when Bubba wadded it up in San Diego (the only way Reed can win)....how exactly did Byrne or Windham or anyone else not capitalize the way that Reed did? Simple...Reed = to everyone else even more speed than JBS/RC = to Reed.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's really simple.

It's unfortunate that Reed is racing now ... take RC and JS out, he's the man, no question. After all, his championship came in just that scenario. He is head and shoulders above the rest of the field. He's got until Villamoto moves up to only have one person to worry about.

JS will never be able to live down the "yes, but he's not the goat" thing. No matter what he accomplishes, he'll always hear that. So yeah, it's a bad time for him to be racing as well.

Last year was probably the best we will have seen for some time.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
I'll try to say this slowly there is no "next GOAT" There is only the GOAT, if and when James breaks all of RC's records he will be the GOAT until then he is nothing more than the fastest guy currently racing SX/MX. If we lined up these crowns ahead of time Pastrana would be walking around with one without having ever won a 250 main.

I'll agree Reed is faster than Windham and Byrne but like Windham and Byrne the ONLY chance he has to win is if Stewart wads and RC is racing roundy round hence my comments, if you want to do the math I guess Reeds chances are microscopically better than K-Dub's. If you want to break everyone into groups Reed belongs in the 3-5 group with Ferry and Windham, because there is only room for 2 in the 1-2 group and it ain't Reed when RC shows up. On weeks RC is not there there is Stewart and then the 2-4 group which includes Reed Ferry and Windham or Tedesco if he get's it back together.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
JS will never be able to live down the "yes, but he's not the goat" thing. No matter what he accomplishes, he'll always hear that. So yeah, it's a bad time for him to be racing as well.

I disagree, break RC's records and James is the GOAT just like if anyone breaks Wayne Gretzky's achievements they be the Greatest Hockey player of all time.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okiewan said:
Last year was probably the best we will have seen for some time.

Another tear. :ugg:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…