psirna

Nov 9, 2007
i have a 1997 yz80 that isnt getting a spark i event went to the measure of sticking my finger all the way in the spark boot and kicking so id get a zap but nothing what are the possibilities im not getting spark, thanks

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
psirna said:
i have a 1997 yz80 that isnt getting a spark i event went to the measure of sticking my finger all the way in the spark boot and kicking so id get a zap but nothing what are the possibilities im not getting spark, thanks

If you stuck your finger in the plug boot, and didn't get zapped, think it's a very good possibility that you are not getting spark. :nod:

Kill switch, wiring, coil, cdi box, stator. That's about all it can be.

Rotor

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
psirna that bad idea by sticking your finger in spark plug boot being the coil dose put out a lot of volt and enough amperage which can be a round 25/75,000 voltage plus a round 15/75 amperage depend on the coil which can hurt you or even kill you.
I start by unpluging the Kill switch
Still not work then go on by unplug stator wiring from CDI and used muilt-meter to test the volts output and you need a shop manual or spec in order to know the output voltage spec for that and also need to test the pickup coil ohm reading as well as the coil ohm reading.
If everything above check out then it has to be the CDI which stand for Capacitor Discharge Ignition just case you didn't know that.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom