tonester

Aug 10, 2001
I am looking for some Flo. yellow number backgrounds for my '01 CR. I ordered some N-Style backgrounds but they were that ugly mustard yellow. I see so many bikes with the flo. yellow at the track. Can anyone help point me in the right direction. Thanks. :think

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I'm not really a fan of Factory Effex products but I just put on yellow Factory Effex backgrounds.. They've got a ~1" slit cut through the middle of the backings for very easy application (put the middle on first then work your way to the edges), and are a nice color IMHO.

Give them a try, I don't think you would be disappointed.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I just ordered some backgrounds from them for my yz I'll let ya know how they turn out. it may be awhile before I get them though I just ordered them yesterday.

tonester

Aug 10, 2001
Color??

Cam..... Are the yellow Factory Effex that you ordered the bright yellow or the mustard yellow? I have used FX number backgrounds before and the tackstrip is very user friendly. I ordered N-Style backgrounds and the yellow was not the bright color that I am looking for. Let me know...Thanks. :)

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I've used the Decal Works/SoCalDecal stuff. They work great and last very well. I'd definitely recommend them. I'll never piece together backgrounds, numbers and clear top layers again.

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
I just paid $56 delivered for Decalworks... never again. They were two weeks late... AND A COMPLETE PITA to install!!!!:think

They are thick, this is fine for FLAT number plates, but the 02 YZ has big curves on the side plates...getting something cut "2 D" to lie flat on a "3D" surface is damm near impossable!! I've got one that I messed with for an hour and it's still not right. The directions are a joke, you'd think they'd give you the "tips and tricks" to help out.... but NOOOOOO!

And a one liner on the invoice....that says basicly that if they don't lay down it's YOUR FAULT.... no phone support, no instructions, expencive, late...

These are not things I look for in a product! I put backrounds and numbers on my boys KX just before I did mine...it took HALF the time and about $35 vs. $56 for the Decalworks.

Bottom line.... not worth it:think

Top Bottom