Number plate instal

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I just ordered a # plate for my 200. I assume I need to take the odometer off. How does it disconnect at the wheel?

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
i left mine on. i have the rm style #plate with the fork legs cut down and sealsavers on the forks. the odometer fits no probs. maybe just make some brackets....good luck

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I also have the RM # Plate. I dont have the odometer on, because it got crushed in a crash. I zip tied it onto my tripplke clamps and forks, and you cant movem it an inch.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
mnnthbx,

As you are putting on a front number plate - do you happen to have the front headlight unit from your KDX??  I hit a tree this weekend at a pretty good speed and my KDX Front Headlight unit did not survive.

Anyone else reading this - feel free to offer up your front headlight shells too.  :thumb:

PM me or drop me an email:  osuwe AT woh.rr.com (replace the AT with @).

TIA

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
I had a similar "run-in" last year. I replaced mine with a UFO unit from FRP for like $40-50 bucks. It's a nice product except for the rubber mounting straps, which are too large for the fork legs. I ditched them and made brackets to utilize the original mounting holes. I also ditched the odo. for a bicycle computer from Walmart. It's similar to the "Trail-Tech" one and works well so far.

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
A generic Acerbis front number plate fits up quite well. The one with a hole in the middle/top and slightly protruding fork covers. Just use the top hole and drill the lower holes.

What did you guys do to mount the 96 RM number plate?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The top holes of the number plate line right up with the forks. You'll have to fabricate a small bracket for the lower holes. I made mine from a piece of 0.40 aluminum. Drill the aluminum to line up with the holes in the forks and then drill through the number plate to locate the holes in the bracket.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…