O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
Could someone please explain the ranking/number system used in the Supercross races currently? Ive just come back to the scene after a long break(too long)and after seeing some pics of last year or even two years ago the numbers seem to be staying the same.

It seems like there is no more #1 rider in any class in the Supercross races even though there was obviously a champion during the previous year.. and that other guys have had the same number for more than one season.

Thanks in advance :cool:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Red background plate is the previous years champ. In SX that was James Stewart, who is out for the season with an injury.

They tend to build a brand with the number these days, so they usually don't use the #1 plate.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I wish I could remember all the details but some guys have earned the right to have a lifetime number as long as they get at least 1 point each season. Doug Henry I believe held his number 19 about the longest by racing southwick and placing in the top 20 each year. Once eligible for a lifetime number the rider has the option to move to a lower number if the person that held it the previous season does not get his point.
When McGrath finally stopped hitting any SXs his #2 was vacant and the first rider to claim it was Villopoto who I believe may now run #2 as long as he competes and gets the one point.
The remaining top 100 numbers go to the rest of the riders who are in the range with their points from the prior season.
111 I think is the number reserved for the Euro champ if he comes over here

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom