84XRGuy

Mar 7, 2001
We need your support at the Minnesota State Capitol this Thursday March 14th.

The Minnesota State Senate is having an informational hearing to help formulate their policies regarding all off-highway vehicle use on Minnesota State lands. This may include forest designations, trail usage, and cross-country travel.

We know that groups who are opposed to all off-highway vehicle use will be in attendance. We need to make sure that theirs is not the only voice that is heard. If you can only attend 1 hearing this year, this is one that you should attend. Bring your spouses, children, and friends. Please forward this to others.

Details-

Date: March 14, 2002

Time: 3:00 to 5:00 PM

Meeting Time and Location: Plan on joining in the Capitol Rotunda on the first floor at 2:30 PM and entering the hearing as a group.

Attire: Wear your club shirts or riding shirts, let them know what side you are on.

Entrance: Main capitol doors (South Entrance), all others are currently closed.

Parking: Bring quarters or park in a ramp, unfortunately there is no free parking.

We would love to have the hearing be Standing Room Only due to our attendance.

With all the bad press we have been getting lately we need to attend and show that we are concerned, that there are a bunch of us and we need places to ride.

-Tom Umphress

ARMCA District 23 Assistant Government Relations Officer

I forwarded this onto the forum cause we really need to have a lot of people show up for this meeting. It always seems like the people who call themselves "environmentalists" can find the time to skip out of work to attend these meetings, but the rest of us have to hold down a real job!!!!

I'm planning on letting my son take a half day off from school so he can come with me. Maybe we can count it as a "civics field trip":eek:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
There is a new start time posted below:
It looks like I do have take off so I hope all goes well.

Kevin

This Thursday’s (3/14/2002) Senate hearing start time has changed from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Please join up in the Capitol Rotunda on the first floor at 4:30 PM.

The hearing is still scheduled for room 107

We need your support at the Capitol this Thursday March 14th.

The Minnesota State Senate is having an informational hearing to help formulate their policies regarding all off-highway vehicle use on Minnesota State lands. This may include forest designations, trail usage, and cross-country travel.

We know that groups who are opposed to all off-highway vehicle use will be in attendance. We need to make sure that theirs is not the only voice that is heard. If you can only attend 1 hearing this year, this is one that you should attend. Bring your spouses, children, and friends. Please forward this to others.

Details-

Date: March 14, 2002

*** Time: 5:00 PM ***

Meeting Time and Location: Plan on joining in the Capitol Rotunda on the first floor at 4:30 PM and entering the hearing as a group.

Attire: Wear your club shirts or riding shirts, let them know what side you are on.

Entrance: Main capitol doors (South Entrance), all others are currently closed.

Parking: Bring quarters or park in a ramp, unfortunately there is no free parking.

We would love to have the hearing be Standing Room Only due to our attendance.

With all the bad press we have been getting lately we need to attend and show that we are concerned, that there are a bunch of us and we need places to ride.

-Tom Umphress

ARMCA Assistant Government Relations Officer

Environment and Natural Resources Committee
Chair: Sen. Jane Krentz
5 p.m. Room 107 Capitol
Agenda: Discussion of state policy regarding the use of off highway and all terrain vehicles.

Last edited:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
New Update 11:06 AM

Sorry it seems that Jesse is doing the scheduling:eek:

Kevin

The OHV Hearing scheduled for 5 pm today has been canceled due to the weather.

Please help spread the word.

It looks like it may be rescheduled for Monday, March 18. I will let you know when I hear for sure.

Thanks to all who where planning on attending.

-Tom Umphress

Top Bottom