The crazy kid

Dec 27, 2007
I heard from someone that the number of your bike could mean something is this true? and if so could someone send me a list of 1 to about number 50 of what they mean plz

thanks

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
let's see, numbers 1-50 mean, well, one thru 50.

Nothing special about them, unless you race in a series that awards you a number depending on how you finished the prior season.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
The crazy kid said:
I heard from someone that the number of your bike could mean something is this true? and if so could someone send me a list of 1 to about number 50 of what they mean plz

thanks
They probably mean several things
1) you like that number
2) the AMA assigned you that number
3) It was the only full set of numbers at the shop

In the pros they get assigned a number by their rank from the previous season unless someone claimed it as a permanent number- like RC did with # 4

116 usually is to remind everyone that when the bike is upside down to call 911 for the rider.
69 has a meaning we will not discuss here

Red 250

Mar 31, 2008
Omg thats some funny stuff.. I don't know what numbers mean other than the fact that if you race in a series or sanctioned event you are given a number so they can basically keep track of your progress. I don't race but I really like the look of the bike with them so I am torn as to whether I should even put them on. crazy I know...................Red

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
1- you are the best, the heck with the rest! 2- you are the first LOSER! 7- is a lucky number. 8- is the same if you flip it. 13- is unlucky. 18- you can die as a soldier, but you can not buy alcohol? 21- no limits. The 3 digit numbers has some good ones to watch out for. Never line up with a guy who has 420, 714, or 999!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The frequency that I see these numbers makes me laugh at the track. I know the district does not issue them. Avoid these individuals, or take pics, not recommended riding buddies. Unless its a female with #69! Doh!! The 714 was an obsolete reference to a 70's barbituate, also known as quaaludes, seemingly for elephants!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
We required numbers on bikes at DirtWeek.

I used 181 because it was the same rightside up, upside down, inside out ... :)

Scooterb

Dec 9, 2007
The number that was on my bike when i bought it was 63.

As I tried to figure out what number to run in the
FTR HS series I looked at several things

1. The current number on the bike 63
2. The last 2 digits of the ser. # 63
3. The year I was born 63

Needless to say my race number is 63

Top Bottom