NW Chgo Burbs -need a small field to teach my son

beyerj

Dec 2, 2001
Got busted today in Dupage county trying to teach my kid how to ride a small dirt bike.

All I need is the area of about four football fields to teach him how to use a clutch and shifting.

I live in Palatine, Il and would love to find a close place so he could practice alot.
Anyone know of some riding fields in the NW burbs that might foot the bill.

Any dormant harvested farmland off of I-90?

I hope to upgrade to Byron and Bong once I know he has the riding bug.

Do local private clubs in the NW burbs exist??

Thanks, John

beyerj

Dec 2, 2001
More info. so maybe I can get 1 reply

More Info. I am starting to ride again after taking 20+ years off from Motocross racing. I am teaching my 11 year old son the basics at this time on a CR 60 we fixed up together. I hope to move into a couple YZ's soon (85 & 125) once I get his confidence up. I would also hope to find another father/ son ridng combo to do weekend rides with (moto & woods riding) . If anyone has a line on where to ride a little closer in I would appreciate the lead. I see snowmobile trails , on my ride to work in Genoa, maked off through farms. Maybe these are cool to ride on?? Anyway, if you know of any spots, or are a father/son riding combo of the same ages in the NW burbs, please reply or send me e-mail at 'beyerj@mc.net'.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
we are a little farther away

but have that field your looking for no question. familys have been using it all summer to teach the kids how to ride.

i will send you a link so you can see where its at.

wardy

Top Bottom