Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Well, I asked Sharla about it a couple days ago, and she's not planning anything. I guess it's too hot, and riding may be closed due to fire danger anyways. I'm certainly up for riding that weekend if I can sell my XR by then.

I'm going to be in Chelan the weekend of August 10-11th and will be doing a ride over there on the 10th. Everyone is welcome to come ride with us.

Jeremy

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Say whaaaaaaat? fire danger is low to moderate. snow might not be out yet. might be good to call the ranger station.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Fire threats are low in that area due to the amount of snow pack they had this past winter. Double check with the forest service for current conditions... Forest Service

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
This is the link to follow for info:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/recreate/reports.html
The ORV area is contained in the ENTIAT RANGER DISTRICT and LAKE WENATCHEE RANGER DISTRICT.

I called both ranger districts and there are two group camps available on the Entiat side for $60/night. Both have ORV access. The Wenatchee side has no group camping available for reservation. If there is sufficient commitment from this group, I'll reserve a spot - but you guys can't be sticking me for $180...

The sticky part is that the trail loops are not open on either side as of today. Snow is melting at a prodigeous rate and by the middle of July.... :D

Where are you all at with this? :) :whiner:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I can't commit to anything either. I have to make Hay when the sun shines :|

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I won't be able to make it. For those of you who do go have a great time and watch out for wild aminals. :eek: :scream: :confused:

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Mace, so it this ride on? I told my wife I was going riding over there next weekend. It doesn't seem like there are enough people to warrent a group site. :( ANYONE else planning to go? I really need to get away from the house and go riding.

Jeremy

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Considering the response and the fact that the loops are not definitely open, I may go do some Naches enduro scouting instead on the 7/14 weekend. I will definitely announce any Mad River trips I undertake. :cool:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Sorry guys, I haven't been on the ball. I did find out, as Mace did, that the trails weren't open yet, but I was hoping they might open them up soon.

It's my fault and I'm a bad ride planner. Feel free to flame me. :(

Maybe sometime in September would work better? It's after the tourist season anyway, there's usually a brief lull between the tourists and the hunters. Who knows with the crazy weather this year.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
T-rat
pt. defiance ;)

we're hitting rock candy in the am for jetting and taking my son for a few loops.

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
Hopefully we can ride before september eh?? Gonzaga starts up again sometime early that month, not sure what day, I'm not ready for my last year of school yet. :confused:

Top Bottom