Obama's stimulus helping trail riders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I heard a quick flash on the news about Obama's economic stilulus plan.

Apparently he wants to spend some money on updating/revamping/overhauling and expanding trails around america used by atv's and dirtbikes. I thought this was really interesting that he thinks enough of the sport to spend government money on it. I hope this is true. It'd be great to have a pres that gives a crap about our sport. Maybe the eco-nazi's will get less chances to shut down trails and riding areas? Interesting, I thought. :think:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I'd be very suspicious of any attached strings.

Like we will spend federal money on some campgrounds and some quad trails. But we will close down a bunch of single track that we can't afford to maintain. That sort of thing.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Yup. No telling when it comes to government leaders. I'm one of THOSE people that doesn't trust a single one of them.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Be careful what you wish for. They are trying to get support for the stimulus bill by adding all kinds of pork. It's a bad plan. Don't fall for their lies.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
RM_guy said:
Be careful what you wish for. They are trying to get support for the stimulus bill by adding all kinds of pork. It's a bad plan. Don't fall for their lies.
:cool: :cool:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Yes, they might just add on that we will all need to register, inspect and insure our bikes!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Actually on Feb 10th you may not be able to purchase bikes made for kids 12 and under since the CPSIA is helping "get the lead out".

http://www.atvsource.com/articles/press_releases/2009/013009_blueribbon-youth-atv-ban.pdf

Some "may" be available with a warning label but nost seem to fall under the ban, at least until it's sorted out. A local dealer said the following models are effected.

Honda-TRX90, CRF50,CRF70,CRF80's
Suzuki-LTZ-50, LTZ-90, DRZ-70, DRZ-125/L, DR-Z110
Yamaha-Raptor50, TT-R50E, PW50
Kawasaki-KFX50, KFX90, KLX110, KX85
Polaris- Outlaw50

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
RM_guy said:

Damn straight, between the bank bail out and Obamanomics (lets turn over our entire economy to the fed :coocoo: ) 1.5 trillion dollars borrowed from China, money that will have to be removed from the economy to be paid back for a measly 25 million in "I want everybody to be my friend" money is something I am not willing to sell my kids future for... :bang:

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
As I said....i don't trust a single one of them. if they wanna stimulate the economy they should write us a check for $10k a person...and heck... even that won't work in the long run. it's all a bunch of horse poo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…