chewgravel

Aug 28, 2004
Can anyone give me info on riding in the Ocala Ntl forrest. Specifically what kinds of trails to expect and where to stay. Looking for a cottage/cabin rental type situation rather than a hotel. Any info appreciated.
Thanks

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I've never ridden there, but I have heard it is lots of faster, open trails. Sand of course.
I understand you really need to ride heads up there due to all the traffic and multi-directional trails.

chewgravel

Aug 28, 2004
Thanks Jaybird. Aside from searching google for places to stay, do you have any suggestions? We are thinking weekday ride so maybe there won't be too many riders?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
There are plenty of hotels at both Ocala exits. The northern most exit (not sure of number) seems to have the best rates.
There are also some more hotels in town. Take the second ocala exit and go left into town...towards Silver Springs. These places may be cheaper than the ones by the hiway.

I stayed there for a couple of months a few years ago for a job I did there. Paying by the month, I got a much better deal at a nicer place. If I were going to ride, I'd find the cheapo.

Top Bottom