santod

Aug 28, 2005
new to jetting so bare with me. I installed a Rad Valve the other day and jetted to 42 / 155. Both are producing good results but I had to move the needle down (richer) one clip position to get rid of a 1/2 throttle bog.

I thought the Rad valve required leaner jetting so this really confused me. Anyone able to provide some insight?

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
What was your jetting before? What was the outdoor temperature? What other modifications have you made to the bike? It does require leaner jetting than before the RAD valve was installed, but some minor adjustments may also need to be made to fine tune things (like raising of the needle slightly). I have a RAD valve and it definitely is an improvement over stock. BTW, just to make sure I've got this straight, did you raise the needle (lower the clip = richer) or did you lower the needle (raise the clip = leaner)?

santod

Aug 28, 2005
I purchased the bike with a 160 main 45 pilot clip in middle position and a b7es plug cleaning up the mess. I installed the RAD Valve and went to a 155 main 42 pilot and moved the clip down one slot (richer).

The weather was the coldest I ever rode 38 degrees. I have a FMF fatty pipe a after market silencer and the airbox lid removed.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
Your Fatty pipe is the early version of the -30 rev pipe. Your stock jetting may be pretty close at the extremely cold temperatures that you are riding at. I would expect a lean condition with the warmer weather jetting that you went to. I'd go back to the stock B8ES plug and wouldn't ride the bike until warmer weather....either that or go back to the 160 main jet and experiment with the needle in #3 or your current #4 clip position. Be careful or you'll stick the piston (too lean). When the temps are in the 60s your current jetting will at least be safe (assuming you indeed go back to a #8 heat range plug).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom