Dirtykid

Jul 8, 2002
My owners/service manual arrived in the mail a couple days ago and then i flipped to the changing oil section, and was planning on doing just that until it said turn your bike vertical :think: , i can hardly push my bike down the street without passing out, how the hell am i supposed to put my bike vertical ?????

Do i really have to do that ??? or can i leave it normal on two wheels ???

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
vertical would be straight up and down, horizontal<easy way to remember is to look at the horizon> would be sideways.
put the bike on a level work stand dont lean it against anything. You kinda have to learn how to read thru the translations since not every phrase in a different country has a direct translation into English.
heh going off on a tangent here but if in England someone says " There was a bad earth on the bonnet so the lamp wouldn't burn" I could just picture some redneck from America trying to trying to do a hand stand on an oil lamp wearing an Easter hat. would make for a good National Lampoons "Vacation" movie :)
so vertical would be perpendicular to horizontal which would be parallel with the horizon :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
(shakin' head)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
:confused:

Dirtykid

Jul 8, 2002
ok thats a relief, the only way i get my bike vertical is wheeling and i dont think i could do that and an oil change at the same time, thanks everyone.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Dirtykid
Got an idea yet? I would think that crkid and
jmics19067 have painted it out for you.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Sorry........Didn't read your last post.......My bad!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom