BIGWEBBY

Feb 28, 2007
Hi all, just rebuilt yz 250w 1989 and i am about to fuel it up and try it out but its been a long time since i pre-mixed fuel and oil. was ging to mix it at 32:1 but how do you work out how much oil i need to put in when i am mixing with 5 liters of fuel(this is prob a very newby question i know! :bang: )

Can any 1 help this thico with his maths??? :coocoo:

many thanks Ric( manchester england)

1BAD250

Nov 21, 2006
4oz oil to 1 gallon fuel is 32:1 if it was me i would go 5oz oil to 1 gallon fuel for break in let it worm up good then let er rip..good luck

BIGWEBBY

Feb 28, 2007
just worked it out 125 ml oil to 5 liters of fuel(1 gallon).....40:1

carnrt work out oz and gallons diff rules in uk..

BIGWEBBY

Feb 28, 2007
i think i must have run it too rich put in 185ml to 5 l fuel ran ok for few mins at tick over with small revs then died, tried to restart poped and backfired few times then carnt start, not had plug out as yet but prob oiled up so will add more fuel to tank with out oil and new plug or should i remove all fuel and add new at correct mix??

uts

Jan 8, 2004
32:1 is 30ml of oil to every litre. So 150mls for 5 Litres. 185 mls is 35mls too much so add another litre to the tank and shake mix well. This should be dam close.

You didn't mix it that rich, I doubt this would have caused the fouling. Sounds like a wet foul to me. This happens when it's cold and the fuel doesn't vapourize properly, and droplets wet the plug.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Wow, you guys on the metric system have this easy! Those of us still using that ounzes and gallons nonsense that we inherited from you have all sorts of opportunities to foul it up.

32 to 1 is a ratio, so divide. If you are going to use 5 liters of gas then you need 1/32 of that in oil. 5/32=.156 liters. See how easy?

Now, those of us using gallons would get the result of .156 gallons, and then have to figure out what the heck that is in ounces.

Rod

BIGWEBBY

Feb 28, 2007
thanks all, just been back to school and workred it all out with the help of rmc_olderthandirt. pulled plug and was oiled up, cleaned it up added 1 L extra fuel and started up fiirst kick.... :ride: thanks for ya help.. :worship:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom