mg89

Mar 11, 2006
Hi, I have a 98 rm125 and oil keeps splouging out of the silencer, It has a brand new top end and the jetting is in the right place. What else could be the cause? Someone please help! :coocoo:

Also the mixture to my oil and gas is 32:1 and the oil I use is Maxima k-2 synthetic 2 stroke oil, if it really matters.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The jetting is in the right place based on what? If you've got unburnt pre-mix coming out of the silencer it's very likely a jetting issue.

twoslow

May 15, 2006
Another thought is maybe you missed the bike and mounted your oil can backwards,just joking,set your jetting at stock and work from there.If you ride your two stroke like a four stroke on the way to church it will loadup with oil as well,as the saying goes ride it like you stole it.

magneto

Nov 14, 2001
Did you repack your silencer and clean your pipe when you rebuilt the top end? Your pipe and silencer material may be full of oil from running prior to your rebuild.

If you have to keep adding transmission oil you may have a bad right hand side crank seal (and possibly main bearing.)

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
I repacked the silencer already and the jetting is set at 4, and when I moved the jet 1 down it ran to lean and didnt's sound right so I put it back to 4. The manual said that it was supposed to be at 4.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
you're talking about the needle, just part of the jetting.

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
the oil squirting out the back could be an oil slick designed to make the people behind you skid out of control. it came into popularity after the spy hunter video game and was a trick add on in the late nineties. ;)

Oldman125

Jul 1, 2006
mg89 said:

Sheez...this could be bad.

What #s are on the rest of the jets? ...the pilot and the main. How far is the idle air mix needle turned out(the gold one on the side of the carb)?

Do you ride it like a school girl? No offense pal, but two smokes will spooge like 007s mazerati if you ride slow and the jetting is rich.

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
Oldman125 said:
Sheez...this could be bad.

What #s are on the rest of the jets? ...the pilot and the main. How far is the idle air mix needle turned out(the gold one on the side of the carb)?

Do you ride it like a school girl? No offense pal, but two smokes will spooge like 007s mazerati if you ride slow and the jetting is rich.

I didn't check the other jets, and I don't ride slow the faster I went, the more oil came out. But my dad fixed it this afternoon and it runs fine now.

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
mojonito said:
the oil squirting out the back could be an oil slick designed to make the people behind you skid out of control. it came into popularity after the spy hunter video game and was a trick add on in the late nineties. ;)

I'm pretty sure an oil slick designed to make the people behind me skid out of control was the problem. ;)

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
mojonito said:

Don't forget james bond :ahhh:
and robert mitchum in the fifties (thunder road)

glad your dad got it fixed, man. What did he say it was?

Last edited:

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
he took out an extra gasket that he put in before we got a new cylinder head, because the old one was shaved or something. the gasket was used to compensate for the lost compression.

what sucks is when i went riding today my friend and i had a head on collision and i passed out, when i woke up the er nurse said i had a broken coller bone, broken arm, i had to get stitches on my face, and a concusion. my dad came in and said my bike was fine except for the front fender. but my friend's bike now needs a new front end but all he had was cracked ribs. his front fork was bent bad, so was the front wheel, his light broke off, and and handlebars were snapped in 2.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom