bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Yes I do at 44:1

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
yeppers...about 45:1 and not one problem. Actually I'm doing my own comparison test. I ran HP2 in my bike and just did the top end...now I'm using Amsoil and am going to compare the two pistons, and especially the needle bearings, when the compression reaches 120. Am expecting a large wear difference.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000

Hey moto squid,check out your crank halves and rod when you take it apart.The amsoil will be laying on the halves and the rod looks really rich in color,amazing.

old#48

Jun 17, 2002
Moto Squid, this is probably a dumb question, but what brand oil is "HP2" ?

Edit: OK, I figured it out - it's Honda's 2-stroke full synthetic, should have searched harder before asking.

Last edited:

old#48

Jun 17, 2002
BigRed455, did you switch to Amsoil from the Maxima 927 ? No problem if you did, just seemed like you were pretty sold on that oil.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by old#48
BigRed455, did you switch to Amsoil from the Maxima 927 ? No problem if you did, just seemed like you were pretty sold on that oil.

Hey old 48,I am still sold on the 927 for excellent protection,but I did find some evidence of a dirtier exhaust and the main power valve flap.I am still suprised how clean the head and top of the piston and also the intake side of the piston was beautiful(wear).I purchased a gallon of the amsoil,I will give it a try, I am still thinking about going back to the 927, especially after cleaning the pipe out,it is a piece of cake now with a torch.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…