RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm not sure what this is all about but here it is ;)

The stance

My mother was a fanatic about public toilets. As a little girl, she'd bring Me in the stall, teach me to wad up toilet paper and wipe the seat. Then, she'd carefully lay strips of toilet paper to cover the seat. Finally, she'd instruct, "Never, never sit on a public toilet seat. And she'd demonstrate "The Stance," which consisted of balancing over the toilet in a sitting position without actually letting any of your flesh make contact with the Toilet seat. But by this time, I'd have wet down my leg. And we'd go home.

That was a long time ago. Even now in our more mature years, The Stance is excruciatingly difficult to maintain when one's bladder is especially full. When you have to "go" in a public bathroom, you find a line of women that makes you think there's a half-price sale on Nelly's underwear in there. So, you wait and smile politely at all the other ladies, also crossing their legs and smiling politely. And you finally get closer.

You check for feet under the stall doors. Every one is occupied. Finally, a stall door opens and you dash, nearly knocking down the woman leaving the stall. You get in to find the door won't latch. It doesn't matter.

You hang your purse on the door hook, yank down your pants and assume "The Stance."

Relief. More relief. Then your thighs begin to shake. You'd love to sit down but you certainly hadn't taken time to wipe the seat or lay toilet paper on it, so you hold The Stance as your thighs experience a quake that would register an eight on the Richter scale. To take your mind off it, you reach for the toilet paper.

The toilet paper dispenser is empty. Your thighs shake more. You remember the tiny tissue that you blew your nose on-that's in your purse. It would have to do. You crumble it in the puffiest way possible. It is still smaller than your thumbnail.

Someone pushes open your stall door because the latch doesn't work and your purse whams you in the head. Occupied!" you scream as you reach out for the door, dropping your tissue in a puddle and falling backward, directly onto the toilet seat. You get up quickly, but it's too late. Your bare bottom has made contact with all the germs and life forms on the bare seat because YOU never laid down toilet paper, not that there was any, even if you had enough time to. And your mother would be utterly ashamed of you if she knew, because her bare bottom never touched a public toilet seat because, frankly, "You don't know what kind of diseases you could get."

And by this time, the automatic sensor on the back of the toilet is so confused that it flushes, sending up a stream of water akin to a fountain and then it suddenly sucks everything down with such force that you grab onto the toilet paper dispenser for fear of being dragged to China.

At that point, you give up. You're soaked by the splashing water. You're exhausted. You try to wipe with a Chiclets wrapper you found in your pocket, then slink out inconspicuously to the sinks.

You can't figure out how to operate the sinks with the automatic sensors, so you wipe your hands with spit and a dry paper towel and walk past a line of women, still waiting, cross-legged and unable to smile politely at this point. One kind soul at the very end of the line points out that you are trailing a piece of toilet paper on your shoe as long as the Mississippi River! You yank the paper from your shoe, plunk it in the woman's hand and say warmly, "Here. You might need this."

At this time, you see your man, who has entered, used and exited his bathroom and read a copy of War and Peace while waiting for you. "What took you so long?" he asks, annoyed. This is when you kick him sharply in the shin and go home.

This is dedicated to all women everywhere who have ever had to deal with a public toilet. And it finally explains to all you men what takes us so long.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I'm not saying that I'm that guy but, alot of times when a mens restroom is hopelessly overcrowded (every concert, sporting event I've ever gone to) the engenious males (BARBARIANS) actually use the sinks! :scream:

My favorite cheat for the crowded restroom is to go in through the exit, if ya can get away with it, it'll save ya a good ten minutes!

Happy :uh:

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I always did admire the "hover" move...

I'm not saying that I'm that guy but, alot of times when a mens restroom is hopelessly overcrowded (every concert, sporting event I've ever gone to) the engenious males (BARBARIANS) actually use the sinks! :scream:

My favorite cheat for the crowded restroom is to go in through the exit, if ya can get away with it, it'll save ya a good ten minutes!

Happy :uh:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hahahahah! I think we all know The Stance and practice it regularly. By the way, the walls are equally bacterially yukky, however, it is a lot easier to wash your hands. Just be careful that the hands you used to hold yourself up do not come in direct contact with "Le Wipe." And then there's the doorknobs. Technically, after you wash your hands you should use the paper towel you used to dry your hands to open the bathroom door, just in case there are worldly germs hangin' out on the doorknob (and you know they are!!!) Toss the used paper towel away in the next trash can you encounter.

Don't even get me started on porta potties.

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
I have become accustomed to 'funk-o-potties'! I always make sure there are some napkins in my purse for just that damn reason! Also, wiping and wallpapering the toilet seat with tissue paper is the trick so if you have to sit you don't get grossed out! Carrying 'dipey-wipes' is a good way to 'de-funk the potty before applying t-p to sit. It sucks being a women sometimes!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man! After reading this I'm glad that any 'ol tree or back alley will do fine for me ;)

BTW, My wife "borrows" those one peice seat liners when ever she visits a stall that has them and keeps a stash in her purse. She sometimes uses 2 or 3 at a time due to the funk factor :eek:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by RM_guy
I'm not sure what this is all about but here it is ;)

The stance

My mother was a fanatic about public toilets. As a little girl............

that explains quite a lot RM_?guy? :think:

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
My illusions are shattered. I thought girls never ever ever could smell bad or have funk problems with public restrooms. I always envisioned a mini living room in the ladies head, complete with a sofa, soft lighting, and lots of pretty smelling lotions to sample at the basins. The last time I was so shocked into reality was in the 4th grade when I had to face the fact that girls do indeed fart. I thought "no way these sweet creatures could do such a vile, male, thing" I learned otherwise. Since I was first married, I insisted on seperate bathrooms for my wife and I. I never visit hers or see what goes on in "The Special Effects Department" as I call it. And I never wanted to know either. This post however, is like seeing an accident along side the highway, no matter how repulsed, you can't tear your eyes away. The horror, the horror....

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
You men should just be thankful that you're not women...

Having to deal with public toilets is nasty enough, don't even make me get into other things!

RM_Guy...you're wife's pretty slick there, I'm going to have to remember that one!

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by SqueakyGirl
You men should just be thankful that you're not women...

although there are a few simple luxuries that men can enjoy it is usually overridden by women complaining about it.......

running for cover.........

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Oh you totally posted that in the WRONG forum...

I'm just gonna sit back and let the other women take care of you!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Ah yes....we may have to deal with public toilets, but at least we don't have to deal with the MEN's public toilets!  :scream:

Stories I've heard about some Men's public restrooms-- couldn't get me to go in there without a full haz-mat suit!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Ahhh, all of the stories have worked! You just keep staying away from our haven :)

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by SqueakyGirl
Oh you totally posted that in the WRONG forum...

I'm just gonna sit back and let the other women take care of you!

:laugh: You know as old and stiff that I am ,it never ceases to amaze me on how I can stick my foot in my mouth so easily :laugh:

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Having to deal with public toilets is nasty enough, don't even make me get into other things!

Ok,ok,ok! We'll take your word for it! No more details..... please! :worship:

It used to be so nice and warm and cozy in here :ugg:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
This thread has me flashing back to scenes from American Pie. :laugh:

Chicas, look at it this way... we get a brief thigh and buttocks work-out. :confused: ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Hey ~d~ that's a good one to think about...no wonder our bums look so good!

Rannoch

Dec 4, 2002
Oh, is that why?

In months of cleaning out the place that I worked at bathrooms, I found that both men and womens bathrooms can be equally bad. Sometimes one was better than the other, but they were usually the same.

This post gave me a good laugh though, thanks :)

Top Bottom